BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Not really a new member, I have been lurking for a while but this is my first actual post. Background: I'm 32 and live in Florida. I have always been a car guy but have been driving company trucks for the last few years. It finally got to me and I had to get a real car again. When I was younger I was the type with one car that had three engines in the garage that would cycle through the car. But this time I just wanted to get a nice car that gave me what I wanted right out of the box. So, enter the M5. She is a 2002 and so far the only mod I have are the Magnaflow mufflers. [but man,,, worth every penny (and penny saved)]

Cosmetic: 5% tint, powder coated wheels, Angel iBrights, tinted tails.

I just realized that my headlight adjusters are all snapped. (while i was in the process of polishing the hell out of the lenses for hours) So I am thinking of upgrading to the euro clear headlamps seeing as my lights are only pointing about 20 feet infront of the car.

Anyway, the last picture is of my best friend King. He loves the new wheels. :)

So that's me. Thanks for all the info you guys have provided me so far and I look forward to being a productive member of the board.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Welcome and congratulations!

And nice dog!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Oh My! Darth Vader is in the house. :) Nice beast. :) The dog is okay too. :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Welcome!

Are those wheels black or dark grey??

Enjoy-

A

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the comments. All my cars have always been completely blacked out. I have been debating on debadging this one or maybe painting the M5 black and reinstalling.

Ard: the wheels are shiny gloss black. i wish my car was as smooth and shiny. They kind of look grey in the last picture. The white balance blew out everything in the shot. I am not very good at taking pictures with point and shoot cameras.

If anybody has any pointers on photographing a black car they would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks a lot for all the compliments.

mohan: I have always had black cars so I know what you mean. But I have made it a little easier on myself this time:

In the background of the second picture you can see the rooftop of my shop. Well, off the gutters of the shop I have a 250 gallon rain tank. I just rinse the car down with the hose, wash, rinse again with hose, and then throw about 8 or ten buckets of rainwater on the car from every angle and Whalla!!! No need to dry by hand, and no water spots. Takes me about 15 mins to wash my car now. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
King is very good in the car. I have a hammock in the back so he has the whole back seat to himself. He even knows to lie down when I give the command, "hold on!".

When people see us driving around they always says something like, "man that is some theft deterrent system you got there." :)

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Nice ride! Welcome!
:cheers:
Dave

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Nice M5!!! Welcome!!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
King is very good in the car. I have a hammock in the back so he has the whole back seat to himself. He even knows to lie down when I give the command, "hold on!".
Good stuff! Hey, will that be entered on one of Dave Letterman's pet trick segments? :hihihi:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
MEAN, STRONG, GOOD STRUCTURE, NICE COLOR...........oh the ///M5 looks nice too.

Welcome....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts