BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Newbie here seeking some advice

Due to pick up a B3 3.2 Touring (1997) on Saturday and can't wait! However can't find an insurance company that has the Touring listed as a model? The coupe and saloon are listed, but not the Touring?

Tried Admiral and Peart for fully comp insurance - are there any others or any classic car insurers who don't stipulate a garage as a prerequisite? Any uk B3 3.2 Touring owners on here?

SP

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
try adrian flux..all classic policies car will have to be garaged

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
thanks

I did try AF via their website, but got a quote for over 2500 - maybe a call is in order

i don't have a garage currently just a drive, however intend to rent one at my g/f place, when I move in in a few months time :)oh:)
lol i think you better ring them... you could always go down classic route and just tell them you have a garage if your going to get one eventually and it will be much cheaper

Reactions: esspee

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update:

Adrian Flux wouldn't quote me directly, however they passed me through to BeWiser insurance who quoted me on a f/c basis through aviva. Quote was 750 with 500 xs with zero NCD as currently used on another car. Was a struggle to find the correct car model as they didn't have the touring 3.2 listed, only the coupe

They did say that after one year claim free, they will mirror the 9 years NCD on the alpina in it's own right, which can be then be used with any other company going forward.

Anyone else seen this before?

SP

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Quick update:

Adrian Flux wouldn't quote me directly, however they passed me through to BeWiser insurance who quoted me on a f/c basis through aviva. Quote was 750 with 500 xs with zero NCD as currently used on another car. Was a struggle to find the correct car model as they didn't have the touring 3.2 listed, only the coupe

They did say that after one year claim free, they will mirror the 9 years NCD on the alpina in it's own right, which can be then be used with any other company going forward.

Anyone else seen this before?

SP
so what they saying is stay with them for a year and then they will give you 9 years ncd on the alpina which you could take to another company if you dont claim......hmmm never heard that one before.... if its true thats a bargain in itself..... get it in writing from them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.