BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This car falls into my hand unexpectedly. I was looking for AMG C63 at the time because Mercedes will never stuff that monster engine into the C class. I guess I'll try to keep this car less than 30k miles and keep it stock next 10 years for the historical value.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
This car falls into my hand unexpectedly. I was looking for AMG C63 at the time because Mercedes will never stuff that monster engine into the C class. I guess I'll try to keep this car less than 30k miles and keep it stock next 10 years for the historical value.

that is smart thinking. very few m5s in this condition left

·
Registered
245 Posts
You definitely have a collector's piece. I'm curious to see how much it'll be valued you within the next 5 years if you maintain its current state. Your friend will be sooooo upset if he ever finds out!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My friend had a 1986 Porsche Carrara before he bought his M5. It had like 18000 miles at the time and ask if I wanted to buy it cheaper. I just bought 1989 Lotus Esprit Turbo at the time so pass up the deal. I should of bought his Porsche because those air cooled Porsche is also becoming a collectable. By the way, Lotus Esprit was price of junk. I regretted the I pass on the Porsche deal.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome! A wise man once told me this: "Having a nice car like this and not driving it is just like having a smoking hot girl but never banging her so you can keep her fresh for the next guy."
Drive it! Enjoy it!

or not... it's your car lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'll drive it once in a while to keep the fuel fresh and circulate the lubrication.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'll drive it once in a while to keep the fuel fresh and circulate the lubrication.

Ah, keeping her fresh and a little warmed up for that next guy. LOL I'm playing, you enjoy it how ever you see fit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's a horrible purchase... how can a car with such low miles be reliable? Your best bet is to sell it ASAP. I'll take it off your hands if you want...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Its really reliable. I drove it back to Vegas with no problems. It ran like a freight train

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've always told myself that if I got an E39 with that low miles I'd never drive it. So I bought one with 100K and have proceeded to drive the hell out of it.

Amazing job on the purchase. I'm jealous for sure.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
397 Posts
There is currently an Alpine White / Caramel 03' 37K mile example for sale in my area for $46,500.
EAG has a Carbon Black with 32k for sale at $60,000. They have a sterling Grey with 9K miles for $95,000!
I see they have an E30 M3 EvoII with 5k miles. Call for price. ( I assume $200,000 + ? )

I don't see how that can happen.

This is the first winter since purchasing mine 7 years ago, it will sit idle. I don't think it will happen two years in a row as I'm already going through withdrawals. I'm not saying I'm depressed or anything but I'm certainly not happy about it.

Gas, Oil , Tires, Bearings, Windscreens. Top off and replace as necessary. Mod to my liking and run the wheels off of it.

If you do want to sell for $32 let me know though. I could see having a summer 5 and a winter 5. :wink

·
Registered
12,873 Posts
My friends new cars

Friend has pretty good taste in cars, even if he let the M5 go!!! Maybe he just likes his fast cars to have AWD! :)

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
410 Posts
21 - 40 of 45 Posts