BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New member,bying a B3 3.0 Coupe

Hi all, im new here.Congrats on a great forum!Lots of useful information here.

I originally joined cos i was looking to buy an M5 E34 but after a while i figured an B3 3.0 would be cheaper to run and insure (right?)
Also my M5 would have had to have been the Touring(cos its just so cool), but i dont really need the space so... ive settled for the B3.

I have, of course, searched the board (and the web) for everything on the B3, but not a whole lot is out there (roadtests etc.). Any owners who can tell what to watch out for when buying one, and what its been like to live with? Any experiences really...
i would love to hear!

This is the car ive put down a deposit for: http://www.braunroth.de/ (Verkauf section) What do you think? It has 200kkm, fsh with all invoices, and he will even take my old Golf G60 in part exchange... I will pay him about 6000 euros + the Golf .. comments on the price are welcome...

Hope to hear from you soon as im probably pickin it up in a few days...
Cheers
,Jonathan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Re: New member,bying a B3 3.0 Coupe

jon140 said:
Hi all, im new here.Congrats on a great forum!Lots of useful information here.

I originally joined cos i was looking to buy an M5 E34 but after a while i figured an B3 3.0 would be cheaper to run and insure (right?)
Also my M5 would have had to have been the Touring(cos its just so cool), but i dont really need the space so... ive settled for the B3.

I have, of course, searched the board (and the web) for everything on the B3, but not a whole lot is out there (roadtests etc.). Any owners who can tell what to watch out for when buying one, and what its been like to live with? Any experiences really...
i would love to hear!

This is the car ive put down a deposit for: http://www.braunroth.de/ (Verkauf section) What do you think? It has 200kkm, fsh with all invoices, and he will even take my old Golf G60 in part exchange... I will pay him about 6000 euros + the Golf .. comments on the price are welcome...

Hope to hear from you soon as im probably pickin it up in a few days...
Cheers
,Jonathan
You are lookin for the silver coupe, don't you? This car is for sale for over 6 months, it has no aircondition, no electric roof, no leather, no electric seats-just to say it has nothing than 200k km run...bet there are better deals on the market....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Re: New member,bying a B3 3.0 Coupe

Values your car at €2500, if you are happy with that go for it.
Agree with AlpinaB846, you could try and find one with aircon for that sort of money, but cloth is really nice so don't let that put you off!

Happy motoring if you get it ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Re: New member,bying a B3 3.0 Coupe

The big minus for the car are the 200k....and there is definitely no doubt. Several nice cars have been sold around 100k at these pices the last months. Sometimes you even get a convertible for this money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: New member,bying a B3 3.0 Coupe

alpinab846 said:
The big minus for the car are the 200k....and there is definitely no doubt. Several nice cars have been sold around 100k at these pices the last months. Sometimes you even get a convertible for this money.
Yes i know 200k is alot, but if its been taken properly care of it should have more in it,dont you think? I dont really mind that it has no a/c,it rarely gets that hot here in Denmark. Also i really like the spec of the car and that it weighs less (100kg the seller claims) because it lacks all the gadgets.

I will definetely see if he will lower the price as it seems to be too high,but in any case i think i will meet him and try the car... but what then, would be a fair price, do you think?

,Jonathan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: New member,bying a B3 3.0 Coupe

Tinker said:
Values your car at €2500, if you are happy with that go for it.
Agree with AlpinaB846, you could try and find one with aircon for that sort of money, but cloth is really nice so don't let that put you off!

Happy motoring if you get it ...
Actually thats what i paid for it almost 2 years ago:) I really like the cloth also ,looks really nice i think. Doesnt get too hot in the summer or cold in the winter either...
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,806 Posts
Re: New member,bying a B3 3.0 Coupe

Sounds like you have already made up your mind...

Keep us posted!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: New member,bying a B3 3.0 Coupe

kees said:
Sounds like you have already made up your mind...

Keep us posted!
Well im at least going to have a look at it, then we will see. Will keep you posted!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top