BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a 2006 M5 w/17K miles, Silverstone, looks nice! I pick it up Wednesday, after the tint is done.

I have many cars in my life, I wanted one of these when they were new but did not want to pay the premium, I ended up getting an M3 vert, which I sold after a year, that car did not impress me too much believe it or not, but still a nice car. I was able to get this M5 for 66K which I thought was a great deal, already has AC Schnitzer exhaust.

Hopefully these don't come off as noob questions...

1) Does the AC Schnitzer system actually add any power?
2) I want to play DVD's in the dash, is there a way to hook that up?
3) I am not sure if the car has the Ipod kit or not, where would I look for it?

Anyway, nice to be here, I participate on other forums with my other cars, so will be nice to participate here as well I am sure.

Before you start asking for pics...yes I will add them up on Wednesday!

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Just got a 2006 M5 w/17K miles, Silverstone, looks nice! I pick it up Wednesday, after the tint is done.

I have many cars in my life, I wanted one of these when they were new but did not want to pay the premium, I ended up getting an M3 vert, which I sold after a year, that car did not impress me too much believe it or not, but still a nice car. I was able to get this M5 for 66K which I thought was a great deal, already has AC Schnitzer exhaust.

Hopefully these don't come off as noob questions...

1) Does the AC Schnitzer system actually add any power?
2) I want to play DVD's in the dash, is there a way to hook that up?
3) I am not sure if the car has the Ipod kit or not, where would I look for it?

Anyway, nice to be here, I participate on other forums with my other cars, so will be nice to participate here as well I am sure.

Before you start asking for pics...yes I will add them up on Wednesday!

Welcome!

1) Doubtfull. Even if it did, it would only be a few Hp.
2) In Europe thay have NavTV, but I don't think you can get it in the U.S. You may fine more info on this if you search NavTV.
3) The only Ipod interface for the '06 models hooks up through the glove compartment instead of the CD changer. If you have a CD changer, there is no Ipod adapter. If you don't have a CD changer, check you glove compartment for the Ipod cable.

Reactions: redlineshifter

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After reading the thread on tanking prices I am wondering if I over paid!

What do you guys think?

Also, if the AC Schnitzer exhaust does not add power why do people add them??

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I'm pretty sure you CAN play DVD's in the dash as well as add a backup camera and a gaming system or something. Check out

http://www.tvandnav2go.com/
I think they sponsor the board...
Hope this helps...
--Graeme K
</pre>

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
...AC Schnitzer exhaust does not add power why do people add them??
For unique sound to each of its own exhaust. Some spent on Kreissieg exhaust for $7K.

Video clip on ACS exhaust please. You are one of a few who have ACS exhaust, and I never heard one before. Same with wheel, people spend +5k for wheel for looks and of course a lighter wheel is a plus/bonus, but i'm sure primary purpose is looks then performance.

Enjoy your beast, and welcome.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
:dunno:OK will do a video with sound. I wish I had a stock one next to it to hear difference. So cal guys?
Come to RPI dyno shoot out on Feb.9 and u will find a plenty of exhausts to compare including STOCK exhaust from m5baller:haha:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
450 for the unit, but it's driven through the Idrive, which is cool, I think I am going to get it. I may come out! When and where?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts