BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I'm fairly new here and I usually just browse around but I figured it's time I post the car pics. I got her about a month ago and if you know me, you know I am quick with the mods. So here's what I have so far. The care's in the shop right now getting mucho work done so I'll update.
Let me know the thoughts!
I know a lot of you will hate the 22's but in NY that's kinda the hot thing out here! Haha

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It's funny because it seems like I only get compliments of the 22's from people from Cali or NY. But I also like to think I'm still pretty young being and being in the last year of my 20's the huge wheels are my style! I only have the wheels and KW's here so far but I'm gonna post many more updates as they come. Between this project and 3 others I'm surprised my girlfriend hasn't dumped me yet!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks fantastic, the 22's look great with that drop. The nose down stance looks perfect as well!:cool2:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Looks great! The 22's with the body colored wheels are perfect! Nicely done and thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!! Honestly, I thought I'd get some more negatives about the wheels but so far so good! I'm gonna post the mods that I'm doing in a separate thread as they progress. I had the headlights disassembled for custom paint and am making a custom grille as well. Painting the calipers to match the interior, adding a carbon splitter, wet sanding and polishing the car and redying the seats because they are drying up. Lotta work to do!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
the car looks great, what are the exact dimensions on the tires? Love the color by the way.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Looks nice, but with all the NYC & Tri-State pot-holes... be careful because replacing a one-off rim is a time intensive process :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah trust me I know! After the winter we had here on LI the potholes are ridiculous! But I've had 3 piece wheels on many cars so far and you learn to be careful and it isn't so bad with this being a weekend driver. I have replaced a few lips though in my day, not gonna lie. Just from curb rash bugging me and a ****ty flatbed driver. Actually about a week ago there was a water main break under the street and caused a sinkhole under the road so I drove over it in my Jeep and the blacktop collapsed and my truck fell through! That would have been a great I told ya so if I was driving the M6!

As as far as other stuff I'm right now color-matching the calipers with the interior, a very slight tail light tinting, colormatching interlagos blue on the inside of the headlights and covering the orange markers with di-noc, making a custom grill, installing a carbon ****ter, wet-sanding and polishing the car and redying the leather.

The next will be exhaust and a Vorsteiner hood but it's so expensive and I have so many other projects going on at the same time!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Adam, that M6 is shhhitin on em!

I am from E.N.Y. brooklyn so you know, that i know this is how New yorkers due it. don't take any negativity you my get personal. like you said, you are young and you know you will grow out of the big wheels and thunderous sound system (if you even have one) eventually.

just enjoy this hott azz M6 as much as you can if it makes you happy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks my dude! Yeah I grew out of the system a few years ago mostly cuz the newer cars already have some nice sound. Like my old Jeep has a crappy stereo so I did throw a pair of subs in there. Just had to do it!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Thanks my dude! Yeah I grew out of the system a few years ago mostly cuz the newer cars already have some nice sound. Like my old Jeep has a crappy stereo so I did throw a pair of subs in there. Just had to do it!

welcome, nice car and nice color! you'll have to catch up for a meet we have one on li in the warmer weather, we've had lots of fun in the past...though im not a fan of the wagon wheels ;), they do look nice and as long as you like em, dont care about any of us that dont!

enjoy! :checkeredflag:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I'd love to catch up for a meet or two! And I'm not worried about people hating the wagon wheels. I hear it enough my my dad and my friend's dads so I'm immune to it! Haha

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
the wheels looks good on your beast!
very clean look.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Those are soem HUGE wheels! It is also widened the car?

I need to post that up on the frontpage :D

For the record it is not my style but it is different :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts