BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, from St. Louis, MO! Home of Budweiser, and oh yeah, the Gateway Arch!

Some of you may know me from bimmerfest. MarkM5, you here?

Just so we can get this out of the way, "yes", I do drive a home-made M5. It is probably about the most convincing M5-clone you've ever seen, inside and out (even peeking under the back you'll see an M5 diff and real dual exhaust), right up until you lift the hood (but at least you are greeted by Dinan's supercharger, so it's not a complete disappointment). I would have bought a real M5 if I could have sold the boss on it. Yep, it is a company car. The boss was gonna put me in a new Charger R/T but as a Bimmer-lover, I tried to sell him on a BMW company car. I told him not only would the prestige of a BMW raise our company's street cred, but the big V8 under the hood would allow me to respond to our customers' needs as quickly as possible. Yes, I am in sales.

Hopefully you folks can forgive me for my M5 imposter. It's not like it's a 525 all dressed up like an M5, right??

Anyway, I love the cars, love to talk about them, love to drive them, love to talk about driving them. I look forward to hangin' out here!

Oh, by the way, I am looking for one or two used 265/35VR18 Potenza S-03s. I just want to get maybe 5000 more miles out of the rears before investing a grand+ on a new set. PM me if you want to sell.

AirWreck (aka Eric)

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome aboard - let's see some pics...:byee55amg

·
Registered
102 Posts
As long as there is not a M5 badge on the back, all is forgiven.

Welcome cherrsagai

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard - let's see some pics...:byee55amg
Haven't had the thing long enough to get some good pictures, of it clean. Got it in November. Clay barring it for the first time next week.

It had the M5 badge when I bought it. I have since de-badged it, but I am screwed because now it just looks like a de-badged M5. I can put a 540 badge on it but it would only look like a re-badged M5. So, I'm leaving it de-badged.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts