BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was a rough 2 days of negotiating, 1 dealer tried bait and switch on me and finally found a fully optioned CPO 2008 with Maint.
Can't wipe the smile off my face:biggrin:. Normally I'm a stick shift type guy. Trying to get used to SMG.:noSMG:

This was originally bought from San diego Penske. Anybody from here?

View attachment 130353

photo 1(2).JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments, Any good kits for back up camera? Also do you get M school with CPO car?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Congrats. My second favorite color next to Alpine White :) No School with CPO but you can always sign up for it. I am sure they will like more of your money :)

It takes a few to get used to SMG with the lifting of the foot etc. but once you have it down its really a great experience. I love to row 6 speeds but SMG and the Dual Clutch Variants it's hard to look back. I fully appreciate it more in traffic :)

If you are keeping it stock with the wheels - the lowering with H&R or Eibachs does make a difference (for the better) and spacers will bring out the wheels and give it a better stance. 12.5mm all around works. Some go for 15mm in front and 12 in the rear.

·
Registered
506 Posts
wow!! congrats that thing looks damn sexy and flawless clean!!!

i think your going to love the smg, i dont know why people would get it manual.

enjoy

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congratulations on the car, you will love the SMG gear box once you get use to it, and by the way nice colour choice. :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all kind words. Anyone know how to add ipod adapter for 2008? I have no cable in the glove compartment, but i have AUX showing up in my Entertainment menu.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
If I recall correctly there is a promotion offering M school with CPO models, so you might want to look into that. Though, this is something that should have been negotiated BEFORE you signed.

Congrats either way.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is in the center console
I have logic7 with no cd changer and in the center console i think there is a whole where the cable would come out from, but its not there. Could it be that logic7 premium package which supposed to come standard w/cd changer was swapped for ipod cable instead? And then someone ripped the cable out?

Is there any way to check by vin number if infact it was equipped or not?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Nicely done. Congrats and welcome! You are gonna enjoy the hell out of it. We'll be standing by to see your mods when you get em...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts