BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! My names Brandon. Just purchased an 01 with 53k on the clock. Had been searching for the "right one" for months. FINALLY found her! I wasnt overly concerned with the color combo. More on the mileage, records of maintanence and of course a clean PPI. The most amazing part of the entire process is I found all of that plus the EXACT color combo I was looking for!

What I found was a one owner 01 jet black with titanium trim(previously owned by an attorney) its Bone stock. VERY clean PPI with all service records at a very good price. Now I'm just waiting to have the car shipped from indiana to boise which haas been quite the process. Can't wait til she arrives!

I'm sure il have lots n lots of questions as time goes on, so thanks in advance lol

Will post pics as soon as it arrives!

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
And this is your first thread, well done. Welcome to the M5B!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you and thank you! My minds already racing about what I want to do to the car first. Rather than performance, I think I'm just going to feel it out and get it up to spec as far as PM(that Evolve header group buy is tempting me though :hihi: )

The MAFs are original as well as the o2 sensors so do you think I should replace those? I'm sure they've gotta be on their way out? I've read theres a way to test the MAFs through a "secret menu"..Don't really know how to access that, but I'm sure if I do some reading won't be hard to find.

Not much maintenance has been done to this car other than the routine Fluids and hoses/belts..

·
Registered
195 Posts
congrats and welcome

·
Registered
967 Posts
Congrats -- can't be too many E39 M5s in Boise. You must be styling.

Cooling system refresh and old fashioned tune up with all new fluids would probably be my first move. Read up on the Final Stage Unit -- it will go eventually. Also on how the ABS module can be repaired for lots less $$ than a replacement. Pads are done if they are original.

That's basic E39 stuff -- unfortunately I can't speak to specific M5 needs. :sad3:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Welcome! Definitely post pics when she arrives. ;)

Reactions: h3md

·
Registered
797 Posts
They always sneak something in for the black sheep. ;)

I took my niece and her hubby for a ride recently because it was the only way he would promise to stop drooling on my paint. :biggrin: He started ticking off details about the car like he had owned one since birth. With total authority he proclaimed that, "Of course, Black is the only option for a true BMW." I just grinned that knowing grin.

Congrats to you too, h3md.

dj

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.