·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone :typing:​

I have been reading about the M6 and M5 here
and some of you are some what unhappy with the way
the wheels look .
I have been looking at HRE wheels and the colors they offer there wheels in and it looks good "most of them" and since im not in to Spinning Wheels I look more in to proformence & wight and looks ofcourse.

Any ideas please post the Wheels URL :thumbsup: here and your thoughts on this issue :flag:

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also does anyone know if you can place an order for M6
with painted wheels "black" from BMW ? :2:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I'm going to use my 19" BBS RS-GT's on the M6. I'll probably get the Silverstone II rather than black. I think these wheels will still look good though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice and are sure they will fit the M6? thats another
problem im having is the size of the wheel, i am not sure if
20" will fit.
can't wait grrrrrrr

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wolverine said:
I'm going to use my 19" BBS RS-GT's on the M6. I'll probably get the Silverstone II rather than black. I think these wheels will still look good though.

Wolverine,

Double check the offset of the BBS RS-GT's. For some reason I seem to remember that you have to run front spacers for the E63 fitment. I could be mistaken though. I think the 19" LM's will fit without the spacers?

·
Registered
816 Posts
The 5 spoke design is a disappointment as I've wrote many times. I hope it looks much better in the metal. I do like other 5 spoke designs: for example the top of the line Benz SL and CL V12 bi-turbo cars have very nice 5 spoke designs, and the new Ferrari F430 also have excellent 5 spoke. But why doesn't BMW come up with a 5 spoke as beautiful as theirs?! grrrrrrr

I might have the M5 rims, even though we officially can't get them.

Attachments

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
The SL65 AMG looks great. Even in Grand Turismo compter game you are stunned by a red SL65 AMG in action on the track.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Curtis said:
Wolverine said:

Wolverine,

Double check the offset of the BBS RS-GT's. For some reason I seem to remember that you have to run front spacers for the E63 fitment. I could be mistaken though. I think the 19" LM's will fit without the spacers?
They run 15mm front and 25mm rear - OK for the 545 and 645. I'm assuming if they are the correct offsets for the 545/645 they will be good for the M5M6 also, but could I be mistaken??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Wolverine said:
They run 15mm front and 25mm rear - OK for the 545 and 645. I'm assuming if they are the correct offsets for the 545/645 they will be good for the M5M6 also, but could I be mistaken??
M6 Tires are wider than the M5
plus the M5 has smaller wheels in the front than the back
and they are diffrent in design "Scrows" if i am not mistaken.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Demon M6 said:
M6 Tires are wider than the M5
plus the M5 has smaller wheels in the front than the back
and they are diffrent in design "Scrows" if i am not mistaken.
M5 and M6 run the same tires - 255/40 ZR19 front, 285/35 ZR19 rear.

The wheels are the same for both, except the M6 has a different offset in the rear.

M5 wheels 8.5x19 E12 front, 9.5x19E 28 rear.
M6 wheels 8.5x19 E12 front, 9.5x19 E17 rear.

So, looks like the offset of the rear wheels is significantly different.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wolverine said:
M5 and M6 run the same tires - 255/40 ZR19 front, 285/35 ZR19 rear.

The wheels are the same for both, except the M6 has a different offset in the rear.

M5 wheels 8.5x19 E12 front, 9.5x19E 28 rear.
M6 wheels 8.5x19 E12 front, 9.5x19 E17 rear.

So, looks like the offset of the rear wheels is significantly different.
Can you post a URL for a wheel that will fit?
that would be much help for most of us :2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts