BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I wanted to share some pics with everyone of my new toy. 2007 M6 in Sapphire black. I traded my '06 550 Sport in for it.

Also first time posting here:byee55amg

Anyway, very anxious to start jumping into the mods. Bone stock for now. Only thing done so far is remove the charcoal air filters.
On to the pics!

And for kicks I wanted to test fit the wheels I had on my 550. They are Avant Garde M310's powdercoated in Jet Anthracite Matte. Sizes are 19x11 rear and 19x8.5 I'm thinking about putting the current M6 tires on them. The ones on there now are the much lower profile E60 tires, so try and not look at the HUGE fender gap...lol Let me know your opinions on if I should make the swap or not.

Thanks for looking

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sweet ride of course! Drop it a bit and it will look great! Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice!!! Congrats!! I just got mine on Sunday as well (Interlagos Blue).
What are you planning on doing first? (btw I do like the wheels)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice!!! Congrats!! I just got mine on Sunday as well (Interlagos Blue).
What are you planning on doing first? (btw I do like the wheels)
Thanks everyone! The car is a beast! Still trying to get use to it...especially the SMG tranny.

First thing planned is getting the windows tinted with Formula 1, Pinnacle 15. I had this on my 550 and loved it. Black grilles will be next, and then deciding on the wheels, and a drop of course. More stuff later, like exhaust, intake, etc

Here is how the wheels looked on my 550.....and you can see how the tint looked too.....

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Welcome! The wheels do look great. I hope that you enjoy the car as much as I have. -Milton

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just made an appointment to get the windows tinted next week. I'm going to order some matte black grilles next. Any recommended vendors out there?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just made an appointment to get the windows tinted next week. I'm going to order some matte black grilles next. Any recommended vendors out there?
Funny... sounds like the same steps I will be taking :) (except mine came with tinted windows).

I am looking for carbon fiber front grilles instead of black. (close enough) :)

Keep us posted with your findings!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hello, I wanted to share some pics with everyone of my new toy. 2007 M6 in Sapphire black. I traded my '06 550 Sport in for it.

Also first time posting here:byee55amg

Anyway, very anxious to start jumping into the mods. Bone stock for now. Only thing done so far is remove the charcoal air filters.
On to the pics!

And for kicks I wanted to test fit the wheels I had on my 550. They are Avant Garde M310's powdercoated in Jet Anthracite Matte. Sizes are 19x11 rear and 19x8.5 I'm thinking about putting the current M6 tires on them. The ones on there now are the much lower profile E60 tires, so try and not look at the HUGE fender gap...lol Let me know your opinions on if I should make the swap or not.

Thanks for looking
Very nice car :M5thumbs: welcome to the board!

FWIW : I prefer the original wheels.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome. Spectacular vehicle - aren't they all? You'll fall more in love each day. There's something intoxicating about that exhaust note. Try to stay out of trouble - I've already got several parking tickets and a "changing lanes 2 fast" ticket already. As The Eagles say, "take it easy" out there.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Mambolambo, great advice. I was stopped on the way to the airport last Tuesday. Luckily, he let me off with a seatbelt warning since I simply admitted that I was going 79 in a 60, as he stated. That's as much as I could slow down when I first saw him. :7: I'm ordering a V1 when I return home tonight. No more flying blind for this M6 owner!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great Car

I picked up mine early Dec 2010-Black as well. Other than tinting the windows have not done anything-not even charcoal filters yet. I am such a loser. Too much travel and work. But I did download a M6 w/ a Tubi exhaust sound for my ringtone. I am leaning Tubi for the spring. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
Notice a difference with the filter delete? I should go and do that this weekend. <o:p></o:p>

Both sets of wheels look great? Where do you live? Use one set for winter tires-or slicks for the track.<o:p></o:p>
Dan<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Very nice choice. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
<o:p></o:p>
Notice a difference with the filter delete? I should go and do that this weekend. <o:p></o:p>
Both sets of wheels look great? Where do you live? Use one set for winter tires-or slicks for the track.<o:p></o:p>
Dan<o:p></o:p>

Thanks everyone......yes I see this car getting me in trouble! It is hard to stay out of the throttle:dunno:

I'll have to get back to you on the filter delete. Haven't had a good chance to test it out. If I swap out the wheels I would probably have some R compound tires mounted on the OE wheels and use them on track days:wroom:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
welcome Keith =)
Thanks buddy......I got your PM on e60.net. Be looking for a grille order from me in the next few weeks:biggrin:

I spent the day detailing the car. Clay bared it, polished it, then waxed it. Looks much much better now. There was a lot of crap on the surface.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts