BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just recently purchased an 07 m6. And I was considering getting a filter, wat r ur opinions on air filters?
Which filter is best, Are there any gains, better gas mileage?

Ps the car came with rpi scoops and meisterchaft exhaust

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response and pm
I can't pm back yet.

Wat is the best price you can give me on the bmc filters? And do they produce power gains or better mpg??

·
Registered
104 Posts
How do you like the exhaust? I just had the same one installed on my 07 cabrio....it's amazing!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the exhaust, the sound is just so unique almost like F1... I barely listen to music ne more I just listen to the exhaust

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ha! Same here. My radio has been off since I got the exhaust installed on Monday. It's the most amazing exhaust note I've ever heard.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha ya it's just super clean at all times, great exhaust... Do u have ne thing else done?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Thanks for the response and pm
I can't pm back yet.

Wat is the best price you can give me on the bmc filters? And do they produce power gains or better mpg??
You can contact RPi (Race Precision) directly as well as going through a dealer. Sometimes RPi has a sale. There is an image/link on the right side of the Board pages (as they are a sponsor): RPi - Race Precision, Inc.

I'm pretty sure you can buy the filters alone from them (since you already have the scoops).

Many, many members (myself included) have the RPi scoops, block off plates (cheap) and BMC filter "kit" from RPi. I don't know anyone who has said they were unhappy with them or regretted the purchase. RPi's website should list the power gain (which is modest but very cost effective compared to other mods).

I suppose you could get a mileage gain with BMC filters by driving at the same level of performance, but most of us use the advantage of the RPi setup for more performance and have resigned ourselves to crappy mileage with our V10 beasts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts