• New ///M6

Votes: 56 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here considering the new M6 over the new M5 cuz i am :)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I'm actually not in the market for either one (I'm very happy with my E39 M5!). However, if I were to buy one, I'd be leaning heavily towards the M6. Partly because of the proposed styling of the E60 M5 and partly because I always liked the looks of the older M6s.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Guys the new styling direction for bmw is how can i put it...Arrgh yes..FUGLY..at the moment I dont think there is any chance BMW could make a good looking GT...just too difficult for them with their frumpy styling direction:crying2:

All the best
adam

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like BMWs because I can blend in with the M5. If I'm going to stick out, I'll drive a Porsche or '03 Viper rather than stick out because I'm too ugly as in the new 7. I'm praying for the M6 to be good looking.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm going to have to go with the M6 over the E60 M5. At this point, based on looks alone, the E60 is not an option for me. I know- I'm being rash, but hey! If you wear clown shoes, I don't care how comfortable they are, they're still clown shoes! ;) hiha hiha hiha hiha hiha hiha

Just my 2 cents.

ALX

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ALX said:
but hey! If you wear clown shoes, I don't care how comfortable they are, they're still clown shoes!

LOOOOOOL that quote was the bomb ALX. I asked Valentino once if i could get the Diablo GT (6.0 V12) exhaust for my Lambo (5.7 V12). He told me " how could you wear something that is not yours ? It could be too big or it could be too small" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think i will put your quote as high as his ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Throw Down The Gauntley

Afternoon Lads

Well - good question - I have alwyas been more of a 2 door fan - simply because I am NOT A BLOODY CAB!!-

However I am not pleased with the styling of either of the cars.

As such I "threw down the gauntlet to my BMW Dealer" I recently orderd a 2005 SL55 - Why 05 I hear u say - simply

1) the car will come in late august 2004 - august 26 is my 10th anniversary in the US - not a bad presie

2) my Beast will be happily paid off by then - I plan to keep it- and u know how it is - when u r used to a specific car payment why get rid of it :biggrin:

3) It gives MB time to get rid of the initial production bugs that I have been plagued with - as we speak the VANOS system is on my beast is being replaced. There is no way I am buying a first production run exotic anymore. I want to aviod all the stupid bugs pluss I dont want to buy the car and 3 weeks later have them replace all the crappy stuff on it.. AHEM BMW - old nav and old stereo!!

So the challange to my dealer was this - Find me a better car than the SL55 and u have my cash - fare enough - it is a bit of a loaded question but if the M6 is any good and has a hard top convertible then i will hit it and quit it :thumbsup:

hope that answeres your question..

Take it easy lads

M5Mark:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I am leaning toward the M6. I think if they produce an M6 convertible that will be the thing that pushes me over the top. The reason is an ASSUMPTION that the M6 will be good looking. That remains to be seen, of course.

Another one of the reasons I'm thinking M6 is that it will be later, yet will benefit from much of the "public beta test" that the new M5 will undergo. this is especially important with a brand new engine design.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
doug said:
I thought you were doing all sorts of crazy performance $hit to your E39, and that your dad was giving you an X5 for graduation!? Why on earth would you want one of Bangles's fugley new designs over this? :confused3
Im assuming this message is for me right doug ? Well yes you are right. Im doing alot of stuff to my M5 and will be getting the 4.6is when i go back but i wanted to see what our members were leaning towards. The M5 or M6. Im gunning for the M6 hopefully if it doesn't look that bad but that is 2 or 3 years down the road (it will be 5 years old then). Im still planning to keep my supercharged beast for 2 years before i do something with it. So hopefully a good looking V10 M6 will replace it. The X5 will stay 2 or 3 years and lets see what is offered then and then decide. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Black M5 said:
Im gunning for the M6 hopefully if it doesn't look that bad but that is 2 or 3 years down the road (it will be 5 years old then). Im still planning to keep my supercharged beast for 2 years before i do something with it. So hopefully a good looking V10 M6 will replace it. The X5 will stay 2 or 3 years and lets see what is offered then and then decide. :thumbsup:
Best of luck w/ the mods on your beast... sounds like a fun project. We can all cross our fingers that the new M line will be everything it's supposed to be.
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank You, i appreciate it. Me and the Boston m5 gang (ALX, M5er, Rocket) were discusing the other day if anyone was for driving it cross country :eek: Their reaction was positive and everyone was for it :)

The latest word is that they finished making the brakets and the supercharger has been going in and out which is good news and we are almost there. The software has to be devoloped after that which shouldn't take longer than 3 ~ 4 weeks. I don't know what will happen on the cross country trip but we are going for it and im sure it will be a blast. Plus it will allow me to get over the running in period alot quicker and then have some fun. Mind you that i will ship it over in the end of june, that means i will get over the 1000 miles break somewhere in june and have little time to enjoy and let anyone else experience what a supercharged M5 feels like. I dont think i have the ability to hold my urges to see what it can really do if we wouldn't be taking the trip and now i won't have to face that problem hiha

P.S. are going to the Boston M meet on the 27th of April ? Im not sure if i met you on our first meet last year but im looking forward to meeting you with everyone. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Black M5 said:
P.S. are going to the Boston M meet on the 27th of April ? Im not sure if i met you on our first meet last year but im looking forward to meeting you with everyone.
It would be a pleasure to meet you and the rest of the Boston gang as well, but I'm not sure I'll be able to attend. My weekends have been quite difficult for some time now since I'm in the middle of overseeing a home construction project in NY. Hopefully another month or so, and I'll be free!

I can tell you though that Newport is a great destination if you've never been. This is a good time of year as well... pre-summer crowd. Christies is a nice place to hang, and they have a big parking lot (w/ valets, but we all know about that!). A great place to go for photos while you're there is up by Fort Adams State Park on Ocean Drive. Also, a while back I had lunch at The Castle Hill Inn (www.castlehillinn.com), and the view from the deck is magnificent-- can't remember the food, but pricier than Christies to be sure. Please take lots of pics in case I can't break away. :crying: Oh yeah, the mansions are really cool, but it might be more enjoyable w/ a girlfriend, wife, or date, IMHO...

If you do the x-country thing I think the state of Montana still has portions of highway where the speed limit is something like "as fast as safety permits" or some such rule. I'm sure someone here will know the details.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I'm leaning toward the M6 as well, but I think it will be out before the nest M5. Someone stated the next M5 will still be the muscle car and the M6 more of a luxury car like the SL55

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think that before I could make that decision then I'd really have to see the finished production model for both cars.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I voted for the M6. The key for me will be the weight of the car, the handling characteristics, and well, seeing it in person.
Cheers,
Kevmmm

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi,

I was today at my dealer and talked to my sales representative. She will go in November with me to Stuttgart where I can test drive the new 645 Ci. I am very interested for M5 and M6.

I have seen the 645 Ci in FRankfurt (IAA) and it looks beautifull. Today I am driving a Porsche 996 turbo. I want a car nearly as fast as my car with little more place. For children and golf bag :).

So I think for me the M6 is the right choice. It is a gran turismo with enough power. The M5 is to much a familly car.

So my vote goes to M6.

Greetings

Adnan

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I would go for the M6. Bangle's styling is just ahead of it's time. It won't be long before all other manufacturers take note and the cars will not look as much out of place.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts