BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow M5 bros :byebye: , I'm new here and new to the M5 experience. The beginning of my M5 love affair is a bitter sweet one though. I bought the car, a 2000 black/black M5, on a Tuesday night and was loving her everyday. Sunday morning I go out to the car and the **** door handle assembly is laying on the ground, some sons of bitches broke in it :mad: . I was at my girlfriend place, in a nice area. Luckily nothing was taken and there was only minor damage at the assembly opening, $1050 worth of damage. So it's been sitting at the auto body shop for a week waiting on parts :crying:. Turns out, it was a theft ring or something in the area because last weekend, 9 cars around there got stolen or broken into. I should have her back today or tomorrow.

So far the car seems to be running strong, I've been reading about folks' MAF, Vanos, Fuel delivery, etc issues. I've only noticed a brief stumble during hard acceleration and shift, mainly from 1st to 2nd. Not sure about the SES light, that's the yellow triangle on the dash? The dealer didn't give me records so I don't know all the maintenance history. Other than that she flies and I'm no stranger to speed as a former 911 turbo and 3rd Gen RX7 owner. Anyway Gents, enough babbling for now... :M5launch:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congrats & welcome!

Sorry to hear about your little incident. I'm sure it'll be as good as new shortly :thumbsup:

·
10,456 Posts
the yellow triangle is the traction control. You can deactivate it with the button on the console labeled dsc.
the ses light is the "service engine soon" light, different.
Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Riley6 said:
The dealer didn't give me records so I don't know all the maintenance history.
for a vehicle history, simply ask your dealer to give you the vehicle history report that they can get from their website after simply running the VIN number. they will then get a record of everytime the car has been taken to a dealership and a code for what problems were addressed. it shouldn't be too much hassel for then to decode it for you, and then you should have a complete history of what was done at any dealership in the nation. congrats on your purchase and welcome.

bryon

:cheers:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yep, sounds like you were doing a high rev, hard acceleration shift and the DSC was activated - happens all the time. The Yellow Triangle light with the exclamation point briefly comes on the dash - it will also happen on high speed, tight turns if you get on the throttle too early/quickly - this feature could save your (or someone else's) life one day.

To deactivate it, press the DSC button (next to the sport button) and the light will come on permanently (until you turn the car off, then everything resets).

Have fun and be careful out there!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome, enjoy your new ///M :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts