BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Thought i'd make my first post on the E28 M forum with pics of my newest purchase.

The paint is supposedly called 'Azureus Blue'. It is a deep dark blue with a tinge of purple in the fading light. It's a European Spec genuine M535i (originally imported from Hong Kong into Australia some time ago), with mostly all original equipment.

The only things I've noticed that aren't stock are the paint, wheels and audio system. It was really well kept by the previous owner (who may have previously posted here), he did a lot of work fixing it up and it shows.

I'm really glad to add another beamer to the collection, this is my 5th 5 series :D (I have owned 2 E12's, an E34 540i and currently drive an E39 M5).

In terms of work needed there seems to be little at this point. The most major problems are the brake rotors need replacing and there is brake fluid weeping from one of the brake components in the engine bay (on the passenger side near the firewall, out of a sensor sticking out of the top of it - is this the brake bomb?). Other than that its a really clean and well presented car with only a few minor quirks that I'm sure will keep me busy :)

DSCF1611.jpg

DSCF1601.jpg

DSCF1607.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, that color is amazing. Nice car.... I like it and I bet you don't have any trouble finding the car in a parking lot.

As far as the brake leak goes..... if the fluid is a red color look very carefully at the pressure switches (2) located on the pressure valve?
They are prone to leaking after many years. The brake bomb (accumulator) is below this valve.
The master cylinder is below there too and sometimes the reservoir for brake fluid will leak.
And of course it could be the master.

Thanks for showing us your car.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Welcome to the board - it's good to see another new member from 'down-under'.

The car looks fantastic and, although I'm usually a bit of a purist when it comes to these classics, I do like those wheels on it.
The colour is amazing and I think the bright chrome trim suits it better than the black satin would.

Is this car an ex-UK example, as most HKG cars were?
Also, is that a factory glass sunroof?

Cheers:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the board - it's good to see another new member from 'down-under'.

The car looks fantastic and, although I'm usually a bit of a purist when it comes to these classics, I do like those wheels on it.
The colour is amazing and I think the bright chrome trim suits it better than the black satin would.

Is this car an ex-UK example, as most HKG cars were?
Also, is that a factory glass sunroof?

Cheers:M5thumbs:
The original owner told me it was an Euro model (not the detuned Australian version), the sunroof is glass and looks like it was factory.

·
Registered
940 Posts
The original owner told me it was an Euro model (not the detuned Australian version), the sunroof is glass and looks like it was factory.
If it's a Euro RHD model, it will be UK market and the speedo (if the original) will be in mph, with kmh in smaller digits.
If the speedo is original and in kmh, it is most likely a Japan market model - or could even have originated in SA.
It would be interesting to know its original production data, including the body colour it left the factory with.
You can determine this from the last seven digits of the VIN, and doing a check thru the BMW database.
If your local BMW dealer won't run the report for you, I have a very obliging dealership here in Auckland who can provide the factory data.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's a Euro RHD model, it will be UK market and the speedo (if the original) will be in mph, with kmh in smaller digits.
If the speedo is original and in kmh, it is most likely a Japan market model - or could even have originated in SA.
It would be interesting to know its original production data, including the body colour it left the factory with.
You can determine this from the last seven digits of the VIN, and doing a check thru the BMW database.
If your local BMW dealer won't run the report for you, I have a very obliging dealership here in Auckland who can provide the factory data.
It does contain the dual speedo and is rather annoying as the km markings are really small ;p

I did run the vin and it checked out, I'm not home for a few weeks though I'll let you know when I get back ;)

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Hm color certainly isnt OEM..any idea?

Love the interior!

Swap the rims for 16" Alpinas. You'll love them

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
SB,
seems a bit too purple to be avus.

Could be a Japanese color. Pictures tend to scramble the color a lot, but my guess isn't OEM BMW, as I've never seen something similar

I could be wrong, but can't find azureus blue in any of my 5 million paint booklets. Is there a BMW sticker under the bonnet? In the far edge, there should be a 3-# number.

Or you could PM me the VIN, I'll run it through the BMW database

·
Registered
940 Posts
The paint is supposedly called 'Azureus Blue'.

The only things I've noticed that aren't stock are the paint, wheels and audio system.
From these comments by Chris in the starter post to his thread, I took it to mean that the paint colour is not stock and is therefore an aftermarket colour called 'Azureus Blue'.
That's why I'm curious to know the original BMW factory colour the car was painted in, which the VIN will tell us.

Cheers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From these comments by Chris in the starter post to his thread, I took it to mean that the paint colour is not stock and is therefore an aftermarket colour called 'Azureus Blue'.
That's why I'm curious to know the original BMW factory colour the car was painted in, which the VIN will tell us.

Cheers.
Sorry guys, just got back from holidays.

Yes this has recently been rust-proofed and resprayed this mysterious Azureus Blue. Original owner told me he got it with original paint but that it was worn in places. He described it as a 'lighter blue'. When I get home (if I remember) i'll grab the last 7 of the VIN and post it for you guys.

·
Registered
940 Posts
RealOem says it's a European market M535i, RHD, automatic.
So like many HKG BMW's of that era, it was originally a UK car.
I'll get my dealer to find the factory paint code when I'm passing next.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It's not an original colour & the interior has been re-trimmed & dyed to match.

The nearest BMW colour to this is a Individual colour. Only one e28 M5 was ever produced in this shade & it's much lighter than this.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The interior is not original BMW, the prforated inner part of the seat is or leatherette or unoriginal leather.

·
Registered
940 Posts
The original colour for this car was Arktisblau metallic, paint code 045.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The original colour for this car was Arktisblau metallic, paint code 045.
Interesting thanks. I just looked it up and I must say I prefer the new colour anyway :)

Good to know what it was originally ordered in though!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts