BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not posted here in over two years. How are you all? :)

Anyway, used to own an E39 in Carbon Black, sold it for a 911 Carerra 4. Currently own a 575M Maranello and a V10 Touareg. Put my order in for an E60 back in July 2001 and have kept in touch with my dealer every 6 months. Called them today and I've got a Week 26 build slot and expected delivery date of 15th July '05.

Now, I'm still not crazy about it's looks, but I'm sure the drive will be superb so I'm staying with the order. However, I have absolutely no details at all of available colours, options or prices. I'll start doing some searching here shortly, but if anyone could post a few handy links I'd be grateful :cool:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
This catalogue might help you.

It is almost summer now! :wroom:

//Ekan

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Spie said:
Superb. All I need now is costs :thumbsup:
Have a look on the www.bmw.co.uk site and choose the M5. There is a downloadable option list with pricing, watch out tho as somethings have changed. You cant have the grad tint as teh HUD is standard.

My dealer said the printed pricelist is also available now so pop in to the dealer if you get a chance:)
The base price was still listed at £61755.

Hope this helps
Sacha...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Confirmed my spec at the dealer today. Here it is :-

Code:
Option	        Code    Detail
Paintwork	A08	Silver Grey Metallic
Upholstery	X3	Full Merino Leather inc Alcantara Roof Lining
Colour	        SW	Black
Trim	        737	Aluminium Shadow
	        488	Lumbar Support Front Seats
	              	Sunroof delete
		        Smokers package delete
	        319	Universal remote control
	        465	Through-loading system inc. Ski Bag
	        496	Heated rear seats
	        761	Sun protection glazing
	        620	Extended Voice Control
	        644	Bluetooth telephone preparation
	        677	Hi-fi System Professional Logic 7
	        Z5C	BMW Online
Week 26 build. Expected delivery date 15th July 2005.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Beyond its general lack of usefulness in the UK, why did you delete the sunroof? Was it to save weight, especially up top?

Tom

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the date the dealer gave me.

Why did I delete the sunroof? Because I never use them and am very tall. Just couldn't see the point of keeping it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi. I too haven't posted here for a while, but look in now and again. I specced mine yesterday (UK car, buckinghamshire). Build week 35, delivery mid september, so still time to change. I didn't want a July car becuase I'm away most of the summer. BTW my dealer was going to sell me his demonstrator brand new, delivery May, becuase they figure (and this same penny might drop with other dealers too...) they dont need a demo. Car is sold out 3 years+ and the demo is hassle becuase lots of tyre kickers ask for a drive in it then dont buy the car. I didn't buy the demo becuase it was too low spec and silverstone leather which I didn't want, and it was too late to re-spec it. Can anyone yell if I've made any dumb choices errors with the following spec please?

Silver grey paint
Indianapolis red full merino leather with alcantara roof lining and aluminium interior trim (I fell in love that combination when I saw it on Beckhammania's thread on this forum !)
universal remote
rear/side sun blinds
fold down back seat
rear seat heating
M multifunction front seats
TV function
extend voice control
Logic 7 hifi bluetooth and telematics prep
BMW assist (this was free, not the £120 listed...??)
Full tracker with its own GPS, the £674 ish version
So bang on £72k all in, on the road price, erk

I would have liked perforated lether but they dont do that in the red. Anyway, if anyone sees any glitches in the above spec please tell me.

While at the dealer I paid a deposit on ANOTHER one. I figured they are sold out 3 years and there will be a facelift say 3-4 years from now (like with the e39 when it got bigger TV, or the e36 became the "evo"), so I am first on list for facelift/evo version. Seems sensible when deposits in UK are only £500.

September delivery means a "55" registration plate. (For info for non UK people, the UK format has to be "AB 55 CDE". The 55 cant be changed but all the letters can, except "Q" and "I" not possible) So, "HA 55AMG" is possible, frexample :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice spec.

Two questions -

Did you say BMW Assist is free ?

Did you say Dealer allowed to sell his demo slot to you ? Thought no can do ?

TIA

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I couldn't see the point of BMW Assist, especially for £120. Then jfm said "it's for when you are unconscious in a ditch". ouich

If it's free I'll take it. I'll call my dealer Monday (makes mental note to drive more slowly near ditches).

·
Registered
217 Posts
360bhp said:
Nice spec.

Two questions -

Did you say BMW Assist is free ?

Did you say Dealer allowed to sell his demo slot to you ? Thought no can do ?

TIA
Hi 360. In the brochure BMW assist is £120 (UK). I specced my car yesterday. The deal is that I'm paying MRSP for everything. When the dealer checked the various boxes on his screen, BMW assist came up as £zero on the screen, then he printed off the confirmed order and it still said zero. He said fine, we both signed the paper, so I got it for free. Might be a software glitch but I dont much care! Also you need the telematic-enabled version of bluetooth prep for this option, and that is the same price as the regular bluetooth (they show as two separate line items on the dealer's screen). So I definitely got it free. FWIW, it dials BMW on the cellphone and sends them your GPS coordinates if the airbags are triggered, so it might save you if you have a smash somewhere remote and are knocked unconscious I guess.....

I dont know the rules on demo cars but as reported elswhere on this board every dealer seems to be using their first cat (April/May) as demo, so first customer car is July. My dealer called me and we chatted about this. His CEO of the delaership said they dont need a demo. They're a hassle. The car is sold out 3 years and a demo car just attracts folk to have a 1hour drive (which scares the accompanying saleman to death, usually) and most of those folk cant afford it and dont buy it. So, total waste of time. So they asked me last Friday 28 Jan if I wanted the demo and I said yes, provided I could spec it. They said ok, it is speccable till monday 31 Jan so I went in on saturday 29 Jan to spec it. Then it came up on the BMW computer system as having gone no longer respeccable sometime late Friday 28 Jan, so it was too late, aargh! I couldn't live with the dealer spec - interlagos/light grey leather, not full leather, no TV, other not-ordered options. I want full options. So I'm sticking with my September car.

But the moral of this story seems to be the demo car thing isn't enforced too hard, so maybe twist your dealer's arm to have the May car - so long as there is time to spec it

360, i dunno how repeatable all this is with other dealers. My dealer might have been breaking a BMW UK rule, I dunno. Just telling you it as I heard it. :)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The reason most dealers will take their demo allocation is that not only will they get nearly £4K in additional discount but they can sell it at list 3 months later.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hmmm. I was told I couldn't have Bluetooth with Telematics as that was only available on cars built after mine. So had to pick regular Bluetooth preparation even though there was no cost difference. Maybe the dealer is mistaken. I'll check tomorrow.

·
Registered
217 Posts
JohnH said:
The reason most dealers will take their demo allocation is that not only will they get nearly £4K in additional discount but they can sell it at list 3 months later.
Yup, my dealer comment they can sell it at MRSP 3months later but they positively dont want the hassle of having a demo, as mentioned above, and so would prefer 70k in the bank now rather than 3mths.

Dunno about the 4k discount - is that extra discount becuase it's a demo? I wonder if BMW UK apply that to the M5, as opposed to other models?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Spie said:
Hmmm. I was told I couldn't have Bluetooth with Telematics as that was only available on cars built after mine. So had to pick regular Bluetooth preparation even though there was no cost difference. Maybe the dealer is mistaken. I'll check tomorrow.
Spie, on the dealer screen there were two items right beside each other "Bluetooth prep standard" and "Bluetooth prep w/telematics", and the software let you choose one only. The telematic one is code 633

I notice you ardered the BMW online WAP thing. I didn't - the dealer said it was pants. Is your guy recommending it?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jfm said:
I notice you ardered the BMW online WAP thing. I didn't - the dealer said it was pants. Is your guy recommending it?
No, he didn't reccommend anything I just thought it might be quite cool to get e-mail in the car :typing:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
jfm said:
Spie, on the dealer screen there were two items right beside each other "Bluetooth prep standard" and "Bluetooth prep w/telematics", and the software let you choose one only. The telematic one is code 633.
Just changed my spec to include Bluetooth with Telematics and BMW Assist and there is indeed no extra charge :)

New spec :-
Code:
Paintwork      A08	Silver Grey Metallic
Upholstery      X3	Full Merino Leather inc Alcantara Roof Lining
Colour          SW      Black
Trim	       737	Aluminium Shadow
	       488	Lumbar Support Front Seats
		        Sunroof delete
		        Smokers package delete
	       319	Universal remote control
	       465	Through-loading system inc. Ski Bag
	       496	Heated rear seats