BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the other day I was looking at matte black m5 rims comparing to the stock ones. I liked both but I didn't want to dedicate to painting it completely and not like how it turned out. I decided it would look good to create a mix between the two and see how she looked.

I took the rims to a local paint shop and told them what I wanted. When I came to pick it up, this is how my beast's rims turned out!
(I also plastidipped the lip of them myself after i got them back.)

Tell me what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Peel the plastidip off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The paintshop did the Charcoal paint on the inside of the wheel and on the lip and i experimented if the plastidip on the lip.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
i'd go gloss black for whole rim

·
Registered
318 Posts
sorry, doesn't look good.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
that plasti dip is going to flake off like a puff pastry :p

·
Registered
2,450 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Going to need some more clearer photos to make a decision but as is it reminds me too much of wheels like this

·
Registered
90 Posts
I personally do not car for the two colored rims, I think a single color, dark rim (black or gunmetal) would look best on your Beast. I've got a Sterling Gray and experimented with a gunmetal spray can to see how I like it before I spent the money on powder coating. I'm currently shopping around for a quality powder coat shop in the area.

·
Registered
798 Posts
dude you completely ruined a good thing. "If it ain't broke don't fix it". :Thumbdown:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I dont think it looks horrible, but it is messing with a good design in color and style.
The spokes on those wheels are designed to flow out to the outer lip in one streaming motion. Coloring it 2 tone breaks that apart and makes the face look smaller than it is.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Perfect way to ruin the shadow chrome finish, sorry not my cup of tea.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts