BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I've joined the board recently after concluding that an M5 would be a blast to own for a number of reasons (all of which have been mentioned here multiple times :) )

Really great board (as I've said to Gustav already!) - I've used it already to work out what to look for when buying as well as what to hope for in terms of options :)

I've ended up with a carbon black / black '99 with 60,000Km's on it - seems to have all options except the sunroof; a shame but there isn't a MASSIVE choice in this price range here (I'm based in Switzerland and the cost is around US$30K).

It has full leather (all black interior with sport seats) with brushed aluminium, tv,nav, "active" seats, folding rear seats, winter wheels/tyres (it'll be hard watching the hp on these before spring appears!), electric rear blind etc. Most options are familiar since this will be my 7th BMW (3*3, 1*5 and 2*7 although no 'M's).

I should be able to pick it up in a week and a half - it'll be tough waiting though. :crying:

He's going to fix a couple of things for me (slight judder on the front under braking, several button lights that don't work (i.e. PDC and both active seats - everything seems to work but the button lights themselves don't) and a new set of rear tyres).

All in all, the car seems in great condition (as least as good as the 325xi that I currently have which has less km's) and full service history at dealer etc.

The only things I will consider changing in the future are the nav system to DVD (not so much the screen but the unit at the back). If I have to swap CD everytime I change country it will be a real pain living in Geneva next to the French border! However, I haven't really evaluated what it's current coverage is and whether I can buy something more globally "European" that fits on a CD yet. Any comments from those in the know on this are welcome. My wife's XC90 has a DVD based system and the information within is simply HUGE.

I'll also probably get the cable thing I've seen via this board to enable the TV / DVD input for the family - just a bit concerned that it might distract me.

I've downloaded the Owners Manual (I can't work out whether this car has the tyre pressure monitor and the dealer doesn't know - I guess I need to spend more time with the car...) but cannot find anywhere to download the Navigation Manual. Since the versions that will come with the car will be in German or French neither of which I'm hot on), I'd really like to get the English version (has anyone hosted this?).

Thanks for listening and thanks for all your contributions that I was able to browse over the last few weeks!

Regards,

Gary.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome Gary - I also have the Active seats (they are a VERY rare option) :byee55amg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Congratulations

1 - 7 of 7 Posts