BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Exact same design. I had some choice words that day. It's funny because the new one just slid right into place.
Lol so Ray and I are not alone after all :rofl:

Well the only really difficult part was getting my new one out of the car it was taken from without breaking it.... took forever but we managed to salvage it in the end. Putting it in wasn't so bad. Driving with the little stick that the pedal attaches to for 2 days was no fun especially in traffic lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 · (Edited)
It's that time :D

UPS man showed up with this Tuesday

Got right to work on Wednesday

Dropped off the plenum to have the BOV flange welded and got it back today :thumbsup: Replaced injectors and vacuum lines where the connector for the BOV vac. line connects. Injectors were a huge pain in the ***, felt like I was doing surgery on the car.. pick in each hand, lights everywhere, you get the point lol. All in all not fun but got it done ;) Only spent about 2.5 hours total on the install so far due to work and school schedule taking away my fun time :( But the weekend is here so it should be finished in the next 2 days!

Nice new shiny RK Plenum plates installed

Manifold with freshly welded BOV flange :biggrin: Not bolted down yet, still need to drill holes for IAT and CCV vent. Hopefully I'll finish tomorrow but the weather in MD isn't looking too promising so it'll probably get done Sunday. Stay tuned :cheers:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
It's finished :7:

Few pics from install. Pretty straightforward, just time consuming. Working mostly by myself I'd say it took about 10 hours or so, but I was taking my time and being extremely meticulous about everything along the way. If I were to do it again I think it would only take about 6-8 max.

Main component :) Funny story: I didn't know the compressor housing twisted and I thought I had the wrong blower :rolleyes: oops

New CCV system routed

New PS res location/Beautiful blow off valve weld job

Hose adapter minus the giant lug nut I used to plug the hole

Few of the last steps :biggrinbounce:

Annnnddddd the finished product :biggrinbounce:

Power is insane even below my 4-5k RPM limit for the next 500 miles (blower break in :sad2:) The noises it makes are cool too, an added bonus with the newly found power lol. Can't thank Jamie enough for answering my million questions and helping me troubleshoot even on a Sunday! Top notch customer service; I'd recommend everybody to him. Also a huge thanks to Ben Sarli @ Sarli Motorsports as well for being a huge help (again even on a Sunday). If you're in the DMV area that's the guy to go to for just about anything you need done to your car.

Gonna try to upload a sound clip!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Lol hiha man I didn't even care at the time I knew where they went and that's all that mattered. But yeah looking forward to see what you have coming! I'm loving the set up so far... haven't even gotten into full throttle yet and still the power is crazy compared to stock.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Well everything is nice and broken in now and holy s*** this thing pulls :M5launch::thumbsup: Tires coming in tomorrow thankfully because right now I have no traction below 60mph hiha

As most of you probably could guess my OEM clutch is nowhere close to being able to handle the increased power and is already starting to slip at 10k miles old.... anybody have clutch suggestions? I know of the major brands such as CNS/Spec, UUC, South Bend and was thinking about going with South Bend stg 3 daily driver clutch. Anyone else have other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Well everything is nice and broken in now and holy s*** this thing pulls :M5launch::thumbsup: Tires coming in tomorrow thankfully because right now I have no traction below 60mph hiha

As most of you probably could guess my OEM clutch is nowhere close to being able to handle the increased power and is already starting to slip at 10k miles old.... anybody have clutch suggestions? I know of the major brands such as CNS/Spec, UUC, South Bend and was thinking about going with South Bend stg 3 daily driver clutch. Anyone else have other suggestions?
I'm buying SB Stage 3 daily.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Yeah that's what I've decided to go with to, can't beat the combo of price and quality. Need to put this thing on the dyno ASAP, just waiting for a free day to pop up!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Also huge props to whoever sells these ///M stickers for the plenum badge, got mine for $8 and sure as hell beats buying the whole badge for $40! Looks great too! I think you're on here but can't remember your user name!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Some more pics and whatnot. Car is running great, clutch slips like hell but that was to be expected. Stage 3 Southbend clutch coming soon :)

Out in Ocean City with some other racecars (minus the acura lol)

Oh and I successfully taught this girl how to drive a manual in my S/C M5 (in a parking lot). Anyone whos needs lessons give me a call hiha:byee55amg:rolleyes:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Had some fun today :biggrinbounce:

Knocking out the valve cover gaskets, lower oil separator hoses, and any deteriorating rubber hoses that I can find underneath the plenum. Car has been great to me so far even over the winter here in MD, hoping it stays that way :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
For anyone interested, the long awaited dyno numbers :smile

First time on the dyno, pull with higher numbers done in 5th, other done in 4th (both on a dynojet, SAE Corrected):

Fixed an issue with the fuel pressure regulator line and got a custom dyno tune from Frank Smith at TTFS, both pulls done in 4th (Also SAE corrected):

Huge difference. Can't give enough thanks to Jamie @rk Autowerks for all the help along the way and for paying for Frank to do the custom dyno tune out of pocket. Customer service at its finest. Also a huge thanks to Frank Smith for the hours of effort put into this thing. The ECU had to be removed and bench flashed back to completely stock form after trying for hours to get past the tune that was on there prior.. Frank is a great guy and I recommend his services to everybody! Also, it made 414tq on a separate pull, not sure whats up with that. Maybe time to look at Vanos solenoids/CPS sensors?

Gonna enjoy the power for awhile now. Already want more though of course. These numbers are with no cooling, just RK S1, muffler/res delete and custom tune. I may install a meth system soon, debating between that and an intercooler. Stay tuned :wink

·
Registered
10 Posts
What's good everyone.
Brand new to this site and the new owner of a 2003 525i touring M-Sports E39 Ltd.
Ordered from Japan and awaiting delivery. I've got a lot to learn and so looking forward to it. From some of the things I've learnt off this site so far, I'd appreciate some feedback on whether I've got a true M-Sport (M5) - don't even really know if there's a difference - .
Let me what ya'll think.

Attachments

141 - 158 of 158 Posts