BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i deicded to join this group as i found it very interesting, am from Lebanon and i bought my M5 07 from USA from an auction website, and i wish i never did that;
since the day i received it, problems occured; the engine was cracked, i had to change the full engine, the new engine installed had problems in the vanos and in the oil pump; then the company here told me to change again the engine, i purchased another engine with a new Vanos set and yesterday i got this signal "Increased emissions" and then few minutes after i received " engine malfuncution, reduced power"; i used to have this problem wioth my old engine since i new the vanos were too old; but now my vanos set are brand new; why ma i receiving again this signal?
can someone advice me if it might be the oil pump and it has to be changed to a brand new one?

my GOD, those M5 E60 are so sensitive cars, despite it is one of the most amazing car to drive.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry to hear about all your problems!
Is there any seller warranty that you could (or could have) tapped into or is it one of those ‘as is’ auctions? If it is the latter then the purchase price must have reflected it (ie you bought it for pennies and no surprises re issues). But I still don’t get the fact that you were told to buy another engine because the one you just bought has defective VANOS! No warranty on the engine?? :eek:h:

I would stop; forget about the Ultimate Driving Machine fantasy and sell the thing because apparently you are being royally ripped off. And if you ever see an ‘AS IS’ or export-only car then grab your pants and run as fast as you can..

BTW, export cars are often not certifiable to be driven in the US.

Good luck man and I hope it all works out well for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are no warranties, it was purchased from auction; i had to change the whole engine, cz the engine was broken, so i had to change it;
i brought the car from US at a cheap price ($20,000)
the engine i brought for $8,000 was used, once they installed it, it ran promptly but 2 weeks later, i got many notifications like "increased emissions", "engine malfunction , reduced power" and many other bad messages...i took it to the BMW service, they removed it, the vanos unit was all defected and oil pump was so dirty, the oil was leaking too much, they advised me to change also the engine otherwise it will cost me too much;
so i took it to another dealer, he told me the same thing, so i bought another used engine (with no warranties) with a new VANOS set and new solinoid valves for $10,000, but 1 month after i received the sames notifications "increased emissions", "engine malfunction , reduced power", but am wondering since the VANOS are new, the engine is good as for BMW service, why am i receiving these notificaitons, i think it could be the oil pump that is not giving high oil pressure, do u think its my case?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts