BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had mine for a few months, just didn't actually have an account on the board to share some pics. It's stock, so nothing special there.

2008 M5 with all options possible except heated steering wheel and heated rear seats, with 34k miles on the clock and full service history.

Somebody was trying to tell me to buy something like this with a rebuilt title and I was like : "Aaaahh No." So this one is clean.

Since I had it I've put new Conti DW's on, changed the side turn signals to the led ones, got rid of the stock angel light bulbs (I picked up orion's first because I didn't know I'd have to cut the headlight assembly, so I returned that and just ended up with a cree led bulb replacement), and have done a few misc interior touches like the triple "M" stripes on the steering wheel.

Nothing crazy, I love the stock look.

I was looking into some wheels, but IMO in Sepang the stock wheels look the best since I don't want to go for the CF look, instead, I like the Bronze and Chrome/white look. Eventually I might try the 20" OEM looking wheels but that's not really a priority right now.

Some people have opinions because their M5 isn't their first car. In my case, it is as I've never owned a car until now. When all my friends were in school picking up their Civics, Integras, Scions and etc, I was driving my family's Buicks, Saturns and Hyundais and obviously nobody wanted a ride in that.

Steppin' up from a 100HP car to a 500hp car is "slightly" different for sure, but I knew exactly what I was getting into, so none of it was actually a surprise.

There are cars out right now that are better than the E60 M5 in every single category, but in my opinion M5 blows them away because its just so great at everything combined. Needless to say, I love it, it's the best car I've ever had, and I am gonna keep it forever and ever (if I am fortunate enough) because by 2020 when most people drive stupid hybrids and electrics, taking out that V10 and letting people hear what "real" engines are all about, would definitely be glorious.

I didn't want to write this much text but damn, this is just a great car and it deserves the recognition.

·
Registered
561 Posts
The sepang bronze is a great color. I can only imagine the power difference for you coming from a 100hp vehicle. Must be like leaving the country fair and heading over to 6 Flags lol.

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the board.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome to the board and very nice choice of color! How do you like the cree style LED's? I've heard of them, but I've yet to bite the bullet and try them out. Was it a simple install? just pull out old bulb and insert the cree one's?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome to the club... I hope your wallet is ready haha!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Car looks great and welcome to the board! The stock wheels are indeed some of the best looking on an M5. My only suggestion is to get some spacers and springs and that should hold you over for a while. Oh and if you have some spare cash, and exhaust is a must on this car!!!!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the choice of color. IMO, one of the best looking ones! :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
I LOVE SEPANG! One of the best BMW colors imho. I am on the look out for a Sepang M6 as I can not take my eyes off the color!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Welcome to the board! Your beast looks beautiful! Enjoy it! Btw, very nice pictures!

On a side note, what year is the car?

I've also just joined a week ago and the E60 M5 I bought was my first "official" car...and all I can say is I LOVE IT! Get an exhaust, you won't regret it!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the board and very nice choice of color! How do you like the cree style LED's? I've heard of them, but I've yet to bite the bullet and try them out. Was it a simple install? just pull out old bulb and insert the cree one's?
The install is as easy as replacing the bulbs. Just plug and play.

Obviously, the downside is that they're not as bright as more extreme choices like Orion's, but there is no way I am cutting a headlight assembly. It's a nice compromise between the stock yellow bulbs and more exreme led options.

Welcome to the club... I hope your wallet is ready haha!
It is, like I said I knew exactly what I was getting into.

Yup at some point this year I am going to hook her up with spacers and eibach pro's. Do you guys know any exhaust manufacturers that do a full titanium one for the m5?

I am trying to find one as light as possible with a decent sound.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Congrats on your Sepang Beast! I love the color.

Enjoy the modding and try to get out to a local track to really have some fun with your Beast!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Congrats on the new addition to the garage, and welcome to the board! There's a bunch of great info and equally numbered lunatics on here. If I had the chance to buy my M again, I would have gone for the Sepang. Excellent choice!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts