BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an 01 LeMans M5. LOVE IT!!! Never would I thought I would own one. All started with my buddy buying an M3. (You can see it in the background) Now, I just need to get rid of my '02 Passat. Three car payments if I don't!!!

I'll leave it as stock for now, until I save up some money. But definetly gonna tint the car...I do live in LA! :D

So...NAV-TV is it worth it? can you splice the video feed to put on headrests? Anyone know if the Apple adapter work for this year BMWs?? or is it just 02 and up?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! I can't answer your electronic questions, however...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome. Car looks great! Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Great colour choice. :thumbsup:
:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Welcome :cheers: and nice ride!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,461 Posts
it is possible to retrofit the bmw aux input adapter, but it's not simple or cheap. You'd likely need a new radio unit (which is mounted in the trunk) then you can add the aux input. The aux input kit is cheap, around $30-40 iirc, but i don't think the older radio's work with it. I added it to my 00, as i was upgrading to get sirius. You may want to check out www.bimmernav.com as they had instructions on how to add the aux input.

congratulations on the car!
MIke

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info.

**** expensive for those units. Well I guess that can wait.

mottati said:
it is possible to retrofit the bmw aux input adapter, but it's not simple or cheap. You'd likely need a new radio unit (which is mounted in the trunk) then you can add the aux input. The aux input kit is cheap, around $30-40 iirc, but i don't think the older radio's work with it. I added it to my 00, as i was upgrading to get sirius. You may want to check out www.bimmernav.com as they had instructions on how to add the aux input.

congratulations on the car!
MIke

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome and congrats! We also stepped up from a Passat ('99), to an '03 M5. The Passat was a good car - a real workhorse - but between the Beast and the MINI that we use as our daily driver, I can't say that I miss the VW!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase, I really like the color, enjoy! Josh

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Welcome to the hood, and to the LMB gang! :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts