BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody, as the title says I bought a 2001 jet black with black interior M5 from a dealer in Ohio. The cars was advertised on Ebay last week. When the car was delivered to Florida I noticed the M5board.com stickers on both side windows. I would like to find the owner, if it is a member of this board to find more about the car. By the way the car has Corsa exhaust, rest is stock. Thanks

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Nice meeting you. If you want too see pictures of the car that i bought look here http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/1959/photos/826955
I am still looking for the owner of the car. Do you have a pic with your trunk? I think I am missing the upper panel. I appreciate your help and let me know what you think. Thanks
There is no cover for the upper area you refer to or area where speakers are

I just noticed your from Orlando with a black on black car, I hope the next stop for you will be a tint shop

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
This car has been listed with the Ohio dealer since late Oct 2010 (I had developed a habit of browsing autotrader/craigslist/ebay weekly). If I were you, I'd cross reference the "m5board sticker thread" with Ohio registered members who haven't posted much since Oct/Nov last year. I hope you got a good deal on the car since the dealer should have every incentive to move it after sitting on it for 3 months. Let us know how it drives!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Looks nice - - the key is to get an accurate rundown on the service history of the car, service II etc etc etc and then start reading, and reading, and searching etc here on this board, a fantastic resource...

First impressions - black is a tough color, and based on the images, these two threads by a resident OCD can get you going;

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e3...ing-my-leather-seats-pictorial-faded-new.html

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e3...aying-waxing-e39-m5-tutorial-tips-tricks.html

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everybody for the help. Today I came back from the local dealership (stealership). I am very disappointed because I have always owned cars under
BMW warranty, so I did not have to deal with the costs associated to fixing an older car. The service adviser told me I need to perform the following: replace clutck kit and flywheel cost $4132, the multi power steering lines leaking $482, AC belt $ 184, valve cover gasket $983. The costs include parts and labor. Looking at realoem.com, I can not possibly understand why would the quote me such high prices. I am really thinking in getting this done by a local non BMW service. Could you please recommend me one? Thank you

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome to the site. Im over in tampa, there seems to be a nice group of us e39 m5 owners somewhat local.

Dealer is the last place you want to go...., Check cfbmw.org there is a few good shops in the Orlando area, or If you want to drive to tampa I can take care of that stuff for a fraction of the cost.

Good luck with your new beast!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Those decals the previous owner bought...They were the greatest investment they purchased.

Those decals brought you to us. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Thanks how about this trunk panel 51472497192.

Not sure what to tell you as the dozen or so I had seen not one of them had a panel in place. maybe a more seasoned member can advise, I am unsure and now curious myself. Are you referring to Part#20 here? Maybe has to do with the if it has Enhanced Audio with M Bass or not???

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
Thank you everybody for the help. Today I came back from the local dealership (stealership). I am very disappointed because I have always owned cars under
BMW warranty, so I did not have to deal with the costs associated to fixing an older car. The service adviser told me I need to perform the following: replace clutck kit and flywheel cost $4132, the multi power steering lines leaking $482, AC belt $ 184, valve cover gasket $983. The costs include parts and labor. Looking at realoem.com, I can not possibly understand why would the quote me such high prices. I am really thinking in getting this done by a local non BMW service. Could you please recommend me one? Thank you
So you brough a car sight unseen, from a snow/salt state, and shipped it to florida and then got it inspected?

Wow.

Keep in mind that Real oem prices are not real..

Find an indy, hopefully you will get a good recommendation

A

·
Registered
50 Posts
That car has been hanging around their lot 4 months now. They also had a TiSi M5 a few months ago when I was looking for mine. I didn't consider either one after a quick google search of their past dealings:

Auto World USA Inc

Further, where the dealership is located has the most snow of any Ohio area. There is a good chance the vehicle has seen tons of salt across it's life if it's always been a northern OH vehicle.

After initially contacting them they offered the vehicle to me in the low 15K range. I purchased a clean 2002 Alabama car with the interior I wanted instead for 15.7K though higher miles.

Good luck, hope it all goes well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts