BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIRST POST FROM IRELAND..........:wroom:

TRYING TO MAKE MY MIND UP BETWEEN A NEW BMW M5 FULLY LOADED FOR €160,000.00

OR NEW AUDI RS4 FULLY LOADED FOR €110,000.00????????????

FINDING THIS A HARD CHOICE AS THERE IS €50,000.00 OF A DIFF AND 4 WHEEL DRIVE IS GOOD.

I HAVE DRIVEN THE NEW M5 ON A TEST TRACK BUT HAVE TO PLACE MY ORDER AT END OF AUG FOR EITHER CAR TO ENSURE DELIVERY NEXT JAN FOR 06 PLATE?

GUSTAV WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINON ON THIS ONE PLEASE AND FROM OTHERS AS TO WHY NOT TO BUY AND RS4 ....... NO ONE NEEDS TO CONVINCE ME HOW GOOD THE M5 IS AS I THINK ITS UNREAL.......

BMWM5NUT.

·
Registered
124 Posts
BMWM5NUT said:
FIRST POST FROM IRELAND..........:wroom:

TRYING TO MAKE MY MIND UP BETWEEN A NEW BMW M5 FULLY LOADED FOR €160,000.00

OR NEW AUDI RS4 FULLY LOADED FOR €110,000.00????????????

FINDING THIS A HARD CHOICE AS THERE IS €50,000.00 OF A DIFF AND 4 WHEEL DRIVE IS GOOD.

I HAVE DRIVEN THE NEW M5 ON A TEST TRACK BUT HAVE TO PLACE MY ORDER AT END OF AUG FOR EITHER CAR TO ENSURE DELIVERY NEXT JAN FOR 06 PLATE?

GUSTAV WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINON ON THIS ONE PLEASE AND FROM OTHERS AS TO WHY NOT TO BUY AND RS4 ....... NO ONE NEEDS TO CONVINCE ME HOW GOOD THE M5 IS AS I THINK ITS UNREAL.......

BMWM5NUT.
Let AUDIRS4NUT get the audi.

Celsius :typing:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think the RS4 has a slightly more cult following (at least the previous one did), but they're both great modern saloons.. for 95% of buyers it would probably come down to:

Do you dig SMG
Do you dig four wheel drive
Are you an Audi or a BMW person

ehrm that's about it! As sad as it sounds I would be tempted to decide by seeing which is expected to sell LESS and get that one. Anyone know the answer to that?

Russell

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think you really know which one you want, dont you!!!!

Go with your instints........................:M5launch:

Clue it has 2WD..............................:hihi:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well, don't get the RS4 because you love the M5 - it's that simple. Or conversly, get both. If I like something, I buy it now, regardless of what price, etc, because money comes and money goes, but I'm not going to waste 2 or 3 years of my life saying shouldda couldda wouldda, and then not having the enjoyment of something I really want.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I really like the Audi RS4 and the newest one is meant to be fantastic as possibly will the new RS6 BUT

The M5 is THE CAR as an owner of a M5 Touring I had the choice of an RS2 or an M5 easy choice M5 every time.

I think the Audi is a great car but the M5 is a fantastic car that can last a lifetime. Each version has been better than the equivelant Audi for all the reasons that I drive and love performance cars .....fun.

But it is your money buy what makes you happy!:D

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'd say the RS4 is probably more of a competitor to the upcoming E90 V8 M3, not the M5. The RS4 is smaller, slower, and less powerful than the M5, but will virtually match all the specs of the new M3, and probably beat the pants off the current M3 (plus it has 2 extra doors and quattro), but I think I have heard some slightly negative reports about the ride quality of the RS4...

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6848&perpage=17&pagenumber=1

I'd take an RS4 over an M3, but not an M5...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd go for the M5 any day.
In my opinion Audi's styling has become a little bit too predictable the last couple of years. A co-worker buys a new Audi every two years and I hardly notice the difference. It's sometimes hard to tell an A4 from an A6, certainly in Avant (Sportswagon) form. The RS4 is undoubtedly a very fine high performance saloon witch can match or exceed the M3 and M5 in tricky weather conditions thanks to its 4wd, but it will never be a match for either BMW when you're on that perfect piece of road on that perfect day. The M5 is also bigger and more upmarket, if Audi then RS6, but same story about it's design here, I'm afraid.
In my opinion an M5 stands out even in the most crowded parking lot, it just has so much more personality.
But hey, don't take my word for it, I'm only a M5nut.mmmmmm

·
Registered
455 Posts
The RS4 looks very fussy with the lower lip spoiler. Having said that, the interior looks great and apparantly it sounds fantastic as well (revving to about 8.2k and all). Its probably more agile than the m5 as well so either way you cant go too wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts