BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from MD everyone. I just picked up my M5 yesterday afternoon and have been unable to pull the corners of my mouth down horizontal ever since.:1: '01 Carbon Black, everything as far as I can see is stock, though I haven't put the car up to check suspension or anything undercarriage. It's going to take a bit longer than normal to get "itchy" for more performance so it may take me a few months to start actually lining up items in the garage to transplant. The beast is just amazing, I can't get over how civilized it can be and at any given moment shed that skin and grow large fangs! I haven't run into anything in the <24 hours that I've been around that was wanting to play, though I'm sure I definately will soon.:M5launch:

I'm still trying to get over how easily (and quickly too) power can be increased on it. Absolutely amazing, but I'm not telling anything that everyone here already is well aware of.

Is there anything by the way that I should be looking and listening for as warning signs? It's sitting at 49k and has a warranty up to 100k, but any little quirks that I can try spotting ahead of time would be great. Thanks for making a great board and I'm sure there's going to be a great time to be had here in the future! :cheers:

Sean

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi - welcome aboard.

I have recently joined the board also and I am awaiting delivery of 2000 plat Carbon Black model this coming week ( can't come soon enough ! )

Enjoy:M5launch:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sean, Congrats on your new car. I just bought my 2 weeks ago and I hail from Wheaton. If you want to get in touch then PM me. There seems to be few M5 in MD. VA, DC area, and they get together from time to time. I need to find out if ther is any meet coming up soon.

Igor

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome aboard Sean :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hey Sean,

Welcome to the Board. The smile keeps getting bigger.

Just keep an eye on Oil consumption. Some beasts after spirited runs can use a little. So its good to monitor this closely until you get used to her.

The Mod bug lives here. Once bitten there is No cure. Insanity is sure to follow. Welcome to our Asylum hiha

MJ

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sean,

Greetings, congrats, and welcome. Despite some recent "twitches" around here, you'll find the Board to be a very good source of information, and the members to be generally supportive (nothing like a bit of group therapy. . . ) - much more so than just about any other forum I've checked out.

Happy motoring,

Mrs_Struth

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I have the pictures I took about 2 minutes after parking in the garage for the first time posted here, it was nasty in MD yesterday so, no photo ops. it's not looking too great but at least no rain today, I want to wax the beast myself and detail everything before getting the pictures started so I'll get them up as soon as I possibly can.

A good buddy of mine had a carbon black M3 and I really loved the way the color looked, I just wanted the lighter interior (caramel I believe it's called??) I had the tan int. on my 330 but I think I like the interior just a bit better even though it's darker than what I was expecting.

MIB: An oil change is definately one of the first things to happen and I'm going to make sure to keep a large supply of oil on hand just in case anything comes up unexpected. The dealer didn't have "the book" at that location, it was at the main location along with the spare key, so I need to head back at some point and pick everything up so I don't have all the specs for capacities just yet and I'll want to make sure I have the exacts, not going to just guess. Many thanks for the heads up about the oil though, I'll make extra effort to monitor it closely for the first several months.

igorkb: I am in Crofton for the time being until the house in Finksburg is completed but I'm looking forward to meeting up with the areaM5 crowd as often as time allows for!

Sean

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Might anyone be able to let me know the best location to acquire the service manual for the beast?

B

·
0 Posts
SeanMD said:
Might anyone be able to let me know the best location to acquire the service manual for the beast?
Congrats on your M5! You may want to procure the following:

Click HERE.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Many thanks Mr. Hudson and Beastpower (been burning up your sight bandwidth quite a bit over the last day actually) for the avenues for the manuals. I would want to see the benefits of the CD's versus having a complete manual to thumb through from the factory, but I may get both just to see.

Today was a fairly nice day out so there was at least a chance to get some clean photos taken...temp tags and all! :flag: I'm looking forward to meeting up and getting out for some great photo ops in the upcoming months.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sean,

Welcome to the board from north o' the Mason/Dixon line. That is one nice CB M5. How about an interior shot?

Eric

·
Registered
590 Posts
It's a beauty Sean. I have both CD and paper versions of the service manual. You can never have to much information.

Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sean,

I live in NoVa and test drove the car that you bought. She seemed strong, tight, and was/is a sweet ride, but I was looking for something with a few less miles. I found what I was looking for and just took delivery about 2 weeks ago. I would like to get together with some other DC area M5'ers as well.

Jon

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome to the 'club' Sean!

Congrats on the new Beast! I see you're in the MD area. Last year we had a fairly lively, local crowd of DC area M5 enthusiasts go out on a few driving events and at least one barbeque, hosted at one member's house (mr_bock).

Now that it's spring, I'm hoping that people will be interested in getting out there again. We need to get more M5s out there, including E34s and(soon) E60s but, also anyone with a like mind set! I think we had 12 at the barbecue!

Any way, as you're no doubt aware, they are great cars, a blast to drive, and, as I've found, the owners are a great group of people. Here are some links to threads about some of our escapades:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45483
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44042
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44046
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50944

You can see a bunch of pictures at http://www.m-powered.com.

Greg
2003 ///M5 Jet Black/Black, Sport
Beastpower Sway Bar Brackets, Bluetooth, Aux Audio Input & all "plus" options except PDC

1 - 20 of 23 Posts