BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of lease deals are out there on used M5's. I would rather lease a used 2006-2007 for the lower payment. But, I am finding that the lease deals kinda suck. What have you seen with other used or new leases? I appreciate the education as I have not ever leased a car....Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I test drove a 08 on monday --just about every option so 96-98k ish list was about 1450 a month for 2yrs 10k miles and 5k down
Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
grizzy - do you have more info in that deal? I too am in the market for a lease. What was the negotiated car price and the residual? Also what was the money factor? thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have an absolutely mint 08 smg Alpine White/Black M5 with every option (except rear side airbags)

5k miles

assume 24 month 10k lease
19 months left
1650 a month

with nothing out of pocket & split the lease transfer fee

Mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
Jon, what was the capital amount on that? They must have taken quite a chunk off of sticker? At least 5K?

·
Registered
113 Posts
dolt I didit get into specifics-- I test drove and we were talking about options with my lease and possible other cars. but roughly it was prolly a 3-5k off sticker of 98 or so and wat ever the rates were --check other boards like roadfly.org for current money factors -I have a spreadsheet that u plug in number and it calculates the depreciation and rent for you. Mike

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for sharing your information. I was shopping a 2006 with 15,000 miles and I was offered $1150 and 12,000 miles with $4000 down for 36 months. Not anything to write home about. Plus, I have a 2003 540 Sport with 49,000 miles to sell and they offered $20,000.

Anyone have any number for 10,000 mile leases for 24 or 36 months on '08 M5's?

·
Registered
52 Posts
himebaum - it depends on how much they are willing to come down on the sticker, and of course what the sticker is to begin with - also depends on the amount you put down on it - on a loaded car with a near 99K sticker with 2500 down it will be about 1600 pe rmonth for three years 10K miles - I think it will be a few hundred off of that if you can get them to come down 3-5K off of sticker

·
Registered
694 Posts
you should get it at about 1K over invoice these days. go 10K a year...at 20 cents thats cheaper to go over, you can buy more miles into the lease at 15 cents. 36 months 98K car, 5800 driveoff including first month 1359 inclusive of tax

·
Registered
11 Posts
TAKE OVER LEASE

I have a 07 6speed black on black. all options except rear shades, only 5500 miles. Leased it for 24 months 10k a year, have made 10 pmts 14 left. The Pmts are $1380 with Florida tax included. Anyone intrested in taking over pmts? Let me know. :typing:
Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
lease

why would anyone put money down on a lease? negotiate on the cap cost, interest factor. The residual will be what it is at the time.

if a couple of hundred bucks savings a month is worth a $5k down, over a 24 or 36 mos period, please do the math....

·
Registered
307 Posts
What kind of lease deals are out there on used M5's. I would rather lease a used 2006-2007 for the lower payment. But, I am finding that the lease deals kinda suck. What have you seen with other used or new leases? I appreciate the education as I have not ever leased a car....Thanks.
Leasing a used car almost never works, the residuals are going to kill you. Leasing can be great as long as you understand how they work, make sure you do your homework.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Leasing a used car almost never works, the residuals are going to kill you. Leasing can be great as long as you understand how they work, make sure you do your homework.
agreed but assuming a leases work... besides if you're leasing you could probably care less about the residual... especially on M cars... the residual is most likely going to be too high anyway

·
Registered
994 Posts
Thanks all for sharing your information. I was shopping a 2006 with 15,000 miles and I was offered $1150 and 12,000 miles with $4000 down for 36 months. Not anything to write home about. Plus, I have a 2003 540 Sport with 49,000 miles to sell and they offered $20,000.

Anyone have any number for 10,000 mile leases for 24 or 36 months on '08 M5's?
My friend with an 06 Space Gray leases and has 15,000 miles/year. With just 10,000 miles you'll likely find yourself not wanting to drive it.

That's the only advice I can give as I don't have a clue about leasing. I bought my baby and plan to drive the wheels off her. I'll keep it until 2011/12 which is longer than usual but I just love this car. The only thing that'll make me change then is because that's when the next one comes out. :M5rev:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts