BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a new member but I have been reading this forum for few months now.. My dad has ordered his M5 in last december and now he got a call few days ago that his car has arrived. There are only going to be less than 20 new M5's in Finland and at first it seemed that our car wasn't going to come to Finland until somewhere next year, but the dealer got few extra cars to Finland and we were lucky enough to get one of them.. We are going to have the car at monday and we actually have to drive 300 km to get it (it could be delivered to us, but it would take 4-5 days more and we can't wait anymore :haha2: ) It's actually kind a funny that there are going to be 2 or 3 M5 in Finland wich are still available concidering that Finland isn't so big country and in many bigger countries people have to wait a long time for these machines.. Great job Germany and BMW, as long as we Finns are happy you are doing just fine :hihi:

The car is interlagos blue and interior colour is the light gray with aluminium...

Any other E60 M5 owners from Finland in this forum (I assume that there isn't any)?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I do !

I got mine tuesday two weeks ago having ordered it september 2004. I also collected it from port of Hanko and I believe we have ordered our cars from the same dealer :)

Now that first oil change is done I can start to learn more about the car. Remember to break-in properly :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it finally happened, we got our car! :byee55amg

We did a 600 km trip today to get it from the port and I do agree with many of you.. It feels awesome mmmmmm It's hard to drive slowly when you have a machine like that, can't wait to accelerate with full throtle :M5launch:

the only thing that we didn't like was that there were so many options have to adjust the shifting and everything.. why does it have to be so complicated? Well, we'll propably get used to it..

The dealer told us that there are two other M5's living near us, the other one is black and the other one is silver (belongs to Ossi). We have interlagos blue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
have had mine for two weeks now... Silverstone II. Only less than 500 km's driven, trying to get used with this monster... : )

Unbeliavable car, but compared to our M3 SMG2 Cab it is maybe little too quiet : ). Also, idle speed sound ( like diesel) is liitle funny.

But that acceleration : ) I do not know how long I can keep my license : ) Few seconds and You are doing 250....

Good luck to all other Finnish M5 owner's !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Juuso-M5 said:
We have interlagos blue.
So I guess it was you on Helsinki center on Saturday afternoon. The car looks sharp, congratulations :)

And yesterday someone's Silverstone II (with special plates starting with 'N'..) was spotted. Nice sounds :)

BTW, some of you still wondering if Interlagos Blue fits this car: it does.

·
Registered
276 Posts
It's nice to see such many E60 M5's here in Finland. We have the "Diesel-M5" with M Sport package :D Can that be count as an M5? :D :hihihi: :2: ;) just kidding. Where do I see you guys driving your M5's? Near the capital?

·
Registered
24 Posts
"We" got ours as well last week, with We I mean the special car rental company I work for here in Finland. It's a black beuty with silverstone interior, below I have attached some pics. For everyone that is interested in renting this car while waiting for their own to arrive/ or otherwise, please PM me, maybe we can arrange a M5board special price for you guys.

:M5launch: :noSMG: :M5launch::byebye: :M5launch:

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nicke said:
"We" got ours as well last week, with We I mean the special car rental company I work for here in Finland. It's a black beuty with silverstone interior, below I have attached some pics. For everyone that is interested in renting this car while waiting for their own to arrive/ or otherwise, please PM me, maybe we can arrange a M5board special price for you guys.

:M5launch: :noSMG: :M5launch::byebye: :M5launch:
Niiiiiice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Juuso-M5 said:
Yes, it finally happened, we got our car! :byee55amg

We did a 600 km trip today to get it from the port and I do agree with many of you.. It feels awesome mmmmmm It's hard to drive slowly when you have a machine like that, can't wait to accelerate with full throtle :M5launch:

the only thing that we didn't like was that there were so many options have to adjust the shifting and everything.. why does it have to be so complicated? Well, we'll propably get used to it..

The dealer told us that there are two other M5's living near us, the other one is black and the other one is silver (belongs to Ossi). We have interlagos blue.
WOW! Hope I can upgrade to the E60 M5 someday! I think the E39 looks outdated and actually smaller compared to the new one.

KIP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kimi said:
So I guess it was you on Helsinki center on Saturday afternoon. The car looks sharp, congratulations :)

And yesterday someone's Silverstone II (with special plates starting with 'N'..) was spotted. Nice sounds :)

BTW, some of you still wondering if Interlagos Blue fits this car: it does.
it wasn't us that you saw, because whe haven't been to Helsinki with our car...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Nicke:

The M5 looks just awesome in black!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thrilled to see that there are quite a few Finns around, given the fact that the amount of M5's is not that big up here. Maybe we should try to meet!?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.