BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home this afternoon with the wife, I spot a new Black E90 M3 at the traffic light on my left as I'm turning right into his lane on my green light. I glance back at him a couple of times, and he stays behind me by about 100 feet. We stop at a red light side-by-side (I'm in the right lane of 2 lanes), with the next traffic signal being approximately 100 yards down. I glance over, and the driver is looking straight ahead. Since my wife was with me, I accelerate conservatively on green, and the M3 stays right beside me. We pace each other and less than 50 feet from the next intersection, he suddenly accelerates and cuts into my lane to make a right turn. I have to brake abruptly and come to a near-complete stop as he takes his sweet *** time turning. I'm pretty sure he wanted to show me the latest and greatest in Bavarian *** (with a paper dealer plate slapped on). As he began his turn, I sarcastically raised my hands and applauded his weak-sauce show of perceived testicular superiority. My wife, Catherine, could only shake her head and roll her eyes at my chiidish display. Shoot, if she wasn't in the car, I would probably have given the 1 finger salute instead. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater, and actually love the new M3. Hell, I would have loved to go from a dig if he had acknowledged me when I looked over. Anyways, what was my point? I guess I really don't have one. That M3 looks good though, but he should have bought the coupe. Forgive the rant....hmmm

·
Registered
289 Posts
I guess the M3 may have evolved but apparently some M3 drivers certainly have not....

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Just from experience and observation with the e46 and e36 M3 crowd here in SoCal and at Mfest...they are one of the coolest guys like the guys here on the M5board but like others have said there will always be some bad seed and good seed ( bust mostly good seed) :cheers:...

·
Registered
593 Posts
this is how quite a few people feel about bmw drivers in general.
+1..unfortunately. Thats why I always go out of my way to be courteuos on the road except when I see wide open road, a supercharged mustang or similar that initiates a play session,...um...then its on.;)

Vic

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
The new M3 is sick!!! But the market that its aiming for will definitely be less mature when it comes down to it!! I went to the Car show this weekend and it starts at $54.9K

·
Registered
193 Posts
maybe he was waiting for you to out accelerate him so he could get behind you to change lanes...then as you paced him, it annoyed him so he hauled *** instead...then to make sure u knew u pissed him off, he took the turn slow...

just playing devils advocate.

·
Registered
446 Posts
maybe he was waiting for you to out accelerate him so he could get behind you to change lanes...then as you paced him, it annoyed him so he hauled *** instead...then to make sure u knew u pissed him off, he took the turn slow...

entirely possible.....

·
Registered
613 Posts
like you said...weaksauce. hmmm

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have been a BMW enthusiast since the early 80's and have seen a huge change in the average bmw driver. Back then there were a lot less bmw's on the road and everyone greeted each other with a headlight flash, as we were some of the first cars to be able to easily flash the lights. Now, the club has grown, and the car has become a status symbol more than a drivers club....too bad, but that is progress and the downside of a successful car maker. Probably only the old 2002's still flash lights at each other! The guy probably didnt even understand what was going on....he probably leased the car b/c someone told him it was a great car to get! In two years he will turn it in.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
The new M3 is sick!!! But the market that its aiming for will definitely be less mature when it comes down to it!! I went to the Car show this weekend and it starts at $54.9K
Saw that too, pretty good deal if you can appreciate the looks of the 4 door. But with "normal" options for a high line car, add about $10k for most purchases. I would bet that car, or similar, is order only.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
657 Posts
Just remember his 295 ft lbs of torque vs your 369ft lbs of torque, M5 wins!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Maybe he was in a hurry, but he easily could have passed me from the light. I certainly wasn't driving the speed limit (35), as I drive 40-50 mph down this street every day. Anyways, kids these just days don't respect their elders who paved the way.

Hey, John, have you done your seasonal 20+ hour Zaino treatment yet on that beautiful car?
Like you said, take the cars out of the picture, and he would have tucked his tail and let the big dog strut his way home :hihi:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts