BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wife wanted a convertible ad I just couldn't swallow that Boxster S pill! So we compromised and I think I came out on top. M Roadster!

Now I have a real problem......which one is more fun to drive! I can think of worse problems to have i guess.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice choice.

The S54 sound/rasp above 4000rpm is just awesome.
Not as great as the V10, but still awesome - especially with the top down.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I used to have an 03 e46 M3 and loved it....this on is even more fun. Exhaust is a tad quiet. I cut the resonators from the 5 and it made a dramatic difference. I am contemplating removing them from the roadster but I have a feeling that my wife would object as it "her car" LOL.

Here is a flyby of my M5 w/no resonators out on Atlanta Motor Speedway back in August.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqFjeIwpNIc

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats, I do like the//M Roadsters!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Congrats! I've driven these a lot and they are a lot of fun. Great choice to pick this over a Boxster S. The Boxter is a nice car, but very little comes standard and they are far more expensive than M roadsters from similar years.

afc1

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Great decision, stay loyal to the high-revving BMW M concept! You have steered the family in the direct direction for sure! :)

This deserves to be on the front page :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Gorgeous -- congrats on the new purchase! Z4M will most probably be more fun on account of it being MT unless your M5 is also MT? Either way, best choice on all parts, they are both super quick and both can be used as DDs. All thats left for you now is a 4x4 truck and then you've got all a man needs in life. ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
congrats. i also had a e46 m3 and know that engine well. welcome to the multi- M car family, my other car is a 99 M coupe. sometimes its tough to decide what to drive! hahaha

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love that Top Gear video. It made me feel that much better about getting the roadster. Now if I could just get my wife to let me drive it once in a while :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts