BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there ,
this is my first thread in this forum , I'm a new BMW M5 driver and I have M5 2003 Model ,

since I bought it , I have 2 problems in the car :

1- everytime I press the Tire pressure control button , it gives me message say TIRE CONTROLER INACTIVE .. ????

2- the driver seat , when I wanna take it up , only one side goes up but the other side stays in it's place , what could be the problem is ????

I hope some of the expert people will help me here .. and thanks anyway

Regards

:1: :1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
Hello;

Welcome to the board, and congrats on the new purchase!!

Your first question about the tire control:
The button to the right of the steering wheel will turn off the tire control monitoring system when pressed. It is nothing more than a defeat button when pressed. The monitoring system works in the background all the time… it will notify you if and when you have a pressure variation.
Consult your owners manual on all the details.

If I am understanding your second question correctly I think you are saying the back or the front of the seat bottom is rising but not both?!
The long rectangular switch you use to move the seat back and forth is a 3-function switch. It will raise/lower the front, and the back portion of the seat bottom, and will also move the seat position forward and backward. You can control the front segment by pulling up (or pushing down) on the forward portion of the switch. The same procedure to raise/lower the back by moving the other end of the switch up and down.
Again these functions are clearly laid out in your manual.



-Audio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great news about the Tire control , I thought by pressing it , I'll get a status of the tires ,, anyway I don't have the manula , I tried to find it online but not available ,

anyway regarding the Seat , I mean the raise/lower the bottom of the seat when I wanna raise it up , it raises from on the left side , the right side stays down ,, It has a problem but I'm trying to find out how to solve this problem ..

Thanks for your quick reply Buddy ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
ehssan_alkhiyami said:
Hi there ,


1- everytime I press the Tire pressure control button , it gives me message say TIRE CONTROLER INACTIVE .. ????


:1: :1:
Do you have OEM rims? And if you do there has to be the detectors in the wheels. I too get the message inactive. My detectors have been taken out as I no longer have OEM rims. If you do you may have a problem with the detectors in the wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,618 Posts
marcducati said:
Do you have OEM rims? And if you do there has to be the detectors in the wheels. I too get the message inactive. My detectors have been taken out as I no longer have OEM rims. If you do you may have a problem with the detectors in the wheels.
The E39 M5 does NOT use detectors in the rims. The system uses the ABS sensors to measure wheel spin and determine if a tire is flat based upon the relative speeds (a flat tire will spin faster).

If you press the button and get the "TIRE CONTROLLER INACTIVE" message, then you've turned off the tire monitoring system. To turn activate it, follow these steps:
  1. Turn the ignition key to position 2 (do not start the car)
  2. Press and hold the button until the message "SET TIRE PRESSURE" is displayed in the Check Control.
  3. The RDW (their name for the monitoring system) initatiates an automatic learning processing during driving and stores this target condition. This one-time learning process takes at least 10 minutes, and from that point on the RDW can identify and report a flat tire.
You should use this process to reset the monitoring system any time you change tire condtions, such as re-inflating the tires.

Regarding the seat, this definitely sounds like a defect. You should have the dealer check it out. both sides should travel together. The front and back are independently adjustable, not side-to-side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
PhilSeastrand said:
The E39 M5 does NOT use detectors in the rims. The system uses the ABS sensors to measure wheel spin and determine if a tire is flat based upon the relative speeds (a flat tire will spin faster).

If you press the button and get the "TIRE CONTROLLER INACTIVE" message, then you've turned off the tire monitoring system. To turn activate it, follow these steps:
  1. Turn the ignition key to position 2 (do not start the car)
  2. Press and hold the button until the message "SET TIRE PRESSURE" is displayed in the Check Control.
  3. The RDW (their name for the monitoring system) initatiates an automatic learning processing during driving and stores this target condition. This one-time learning process takes at least 10 minutes, and from that point on the RDW can identify and report a flat tire.
You should use this process to reset the monitoring system any time you change tire condtions, such as re-inflating the tires.

Regarding the seat, this definitely sounds like a defect. You should have the dealer check it out. both sides should travel together. The front and back are independently adjustable, not side-to-side.
Thanks for the precision. I only relayed information I had obtained for mine from..... a mechanic.

Sorry for the missleading info

Marc
ouich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the great information PhilSeastrand about the tire control ..

it still under the warranty but I don't wanna give it to the dealer , it will take time for this thing , I thought it might be something small ..

Gustav : it is individual , I'll try to post more pictures from inside and outside as well ..

:byee55amg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
PhilSeastrand said:
The E39 M5 does NOT use detectors in the rims. The system uses the ABS sensors to measure wheel spin and determine if a tire is flat based upon the relative speeds (a flat tire will spin faster).

If you press the button and get the "TIRE CONTROLLER INACTIVE" message, then you've turned off the tire monitoring system. To turn activate it, follow these steps:
  1. Turn the ignition key to position 2 (do not start the car)
  2. Press and hold the button until the message "SET TIRE PRESSURE" is displayed in the Check Control.
  3. The RDW (their name for the monitoring system) initatiates an automatic learning processing during driving and stores this target condition. This one-time learning process takes at least 10 minutes, and from that point on the RDW can identify and report a flat tire.
You should use this process to reset the monitoring system any time you change tire condtions, such as re-inflating the tires.

.
Just a question, having found a new gadget mmmmmm . I did the above process (which I found in the user manuel, I seem to have missed it the first time round)It initiates the learning processs. I drove for at least 15 min but I got no signal to confirm the learning end. I then pushed the button and there it still indicates "inactif" ?????? did I miss a step. I reread it in the manuel but havent found the answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts
Welcome! Looks like Atlantis Blue to me :byebye:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YEs it's Atlantis Blue ,


marcducati: as our Friend PhilSeastrand said when the car is on and u press the tire control thing , it will be deactivated , other wise , don't press it and it's running in the background as soon as the engine is on , I didn't try it yet ,, I wanna go and check the tire air level first to have a correct functioning ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,618 Posts
marcducati said:
Just a question, having found a new gadget mmmmmm . I did the above process (which I found in the user manuel, I seem to have missed it the first time round)It initiates the learning processs. I drove for at least 15 min but I got no signal to confirm the learning end. I then pushed the button and there it still indicates "inactif" ?????? did I miss a step. I reread it in the manuel but havent found the answer.
Unfortunately there is no indication that the tire monitor is functioning correctly. You have to trust that, once set, it's working. This was a design flaw in many people's opinions (including mine!).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
ehssan_alkhiyami said:
YEs it's Atlantis Blue ,


marcducati: as our Friend PhilSeastrand said when the car is on and u press the tire control thing , it will be deactivated , other wise , don't press it and it's running in the background as soon as the engine is on , I didn't try it yet ,, I wanna go and check the tire air level first to have a correct functioning ..
Ok thanks. I was so tempted to presse the button again to see if it gave me another message ouich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
I've done the Tire Control Programming , It's Great , I tested it by the Guys, you know what I did , from the valve of the air , I made it loose a little bit and I started driving the car , after 5 minutes it start giving warrning ,,, hahah ..so funny ..

anyway I already uploaded some nice pictures now but still waiting for apporval , ( basically waiting for adding COPYRIGHT M5board.COM on them :haha: ) ..









take care guys .:cheers:
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top