BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im new to the forums here, i got my 91 m5 a few months ago with 108k miles on it so i'm pretty excited about it and just wanted to say hi. I was giving it an oil change the other day and going over it and checking to see if it had sls still and i noticed that it didnt but i saw that the lines were blocked off at the accumulators, now if im not mistaken is it still the understanding that its bad to block off the lines like that? And yes i have used search and read other wise i wouldnt know that info in the first place. Also my car says "check control" on the dash everytime i turn it on but then it goes away and comes back on when i turn it off, any ideas what that is about? thanks and i look forward to being a member of m5board.com

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Welcome to the board and congrats on your purchase :wroom:

IIRC the sls delete can be done with just blocking the pipes leaving it easier to reinstate should you desire to later. I think the car should be reprogrammed for the sls delete to negate the OBC fault

·
10,458 Posts
i've read that blocking the lines is bad for the pump, they should be looped.

Do you get any other messages after "check control", if you push in on the end of the turn signal stalk (where it says BC)?

·
10,458 Posts
i'd run a search on the board about rerouting options. I know on my car, it's up close to the pump, near the engine compartment. It was already done when i bought the car, so i'm not sure of the specifics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts