BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my horns died a little while ago and ended up replacing both of them with a pair of Hella horns (7424801). Easy hookup by crimping a couple of spade connectors to the factory cable. Now I can honk at crappy drivers with pride again!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Damn, how did you get the nuts holding the factory horns off?
They are rusted on and the bracket is super thin, it keeps bending.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine came off with just a little force and weren’t too bad. You might want to try and hit them up with some PB blaster.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah, I've been soaking them, may have to cut the nut off with the dremel cut off wheel.
I just realized I ordered the wrong horns anyway, lol.
The correct ones should be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
How do they sound compared to the OEM horns? From all the aftermarket horns ive dealt with on various cars, they always seem to be a high frequency than OEM, which I am not looking for on this car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah, I've been soaking them, may have to cut the nut off with the dremel cut off wheel.
Without knowing exactly where the horns are mounted, is there any plastic in that area? If not the one thing that will always, Always, ALWAYS get rusty fasteners to free up is a good dose of blowtorch HEAT! :D (E30 rear subframe mounting bolts being the best example of this!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts