BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I just purchased a 1991 M5 with 60k on it and I am really looking forward to some serious modding. The first thing I wanted to do is update the looks of the car and I am thinking of a bodykit. What bodykits look the best on these cars and where can I find them? Here is a couple of pics if anyone is good with photoshop.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
happy187 said:
First of all I just purchased a 1991 M5 with 60k on it and I am really looking forward to some serious modding. The first thing I wanted to do is update the looks of the car and I am thinking of a bodykit. What bodykits look the best on these cars and where can I find them? Here is a couple of pics if anyone is good with photoshop.
IMHO, no body kit makes the M5 look better!

·
2,485 Posts
happy187 said:

Do what you want, it is your car. Ricers will love you, but I will despise you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow i didn't know that ACS kits were considered rice. :confused2 I thought they were german made kits. Maybe someone can correct me on this matter.
I am almost positive this is the same car, and it really doesn't look ricey to me.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Take a look in the e34 and alpina owners gallery.Maybe it will influence your opinion a bit in what is 'over the top'.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will check it out, I am definately not going for the over the top look. I thought ACS was kinda suble with and old school feel. But it seems A C Schnitzer is now a rice company.

·
2,485 Posts
happy187 said:
I will check it out, I am definately not going for the over the top look. I thought ACS was kinda suble with and old school feel. But it seems A C Schnitzer is now a rice company.

I have AC Schnitzer wheels. It is not rice. However, you are considering putting a body kit on a car that already has aerodynamic aids. Putting a body kit on this car would not do it justice. It already has the "looks." The ACS S5 kit is subtle, but still, it is not for the M5.

Your car is beautiful. These cars need to be preserved. If you want to trick out a car with body mods, go with a lesser 5er (as Gustav mentioned).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That is definately a good point maybe if I went with painting the two tone, and making it all red. Then again maybe I should take all the money that I would dump into putting on a bodykit and cam the engine and make my m5 :M5launch:

decisions, decisions, i would like to thank everyone for there opinions though, I know that ultimately its my car and what ever makes me happy is the best choice but what is a car if you can't show it off and have everyone like it :hihi: ?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Here are some possibilities. Personally, I like the last look best and I would go for that (ie - standard!) and spend the cash on performance mods.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
happy187 said:
Wow i didn't know that ACS kits were considered rice. :confused2 I thought they were german made kits. Maybe someone can correct me on this matter.
I am almost positive this is the same car, and it really doesn't look ricey to me.

Putting a body kit on an M5 is about the same as putting a new wing on a Ferrari 360.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and enjoy :thumbsup:

Looks like the ONE that was selling on ebay a while ago :3:

All the choices to be made are yours but i am of the opinion it looks great as is.

The performance mods for the 3.6 are more available than the 3.8 so look at these options for "modding" your new toy..

good luck with her and hopefully we wont be seeing and ghoulish pics of her :byee55amg

·
Registered
890 Posts
M540i LE said:
Here are some possibilities. Personally, I like the last look best and I would go for that (ie - standard!) and spend the cash on performance mods.

Cheers
I totally agree. That's what mine looks like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts