BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Looking very nice. I really like the diffuser. I don't really like the powerdome, at least not as protrusive as they show it. I also think those wheels are too big and tire sidewalls too low profile to be on a high performance car.

But overall it looks great. Definitely a big brother to the E92.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
love the M5 pedigree, still not warming up to the tail lights.

Reactions: D-RodM5

·
Registered
733 Posts
The diffuser will not look that way, the wheels are too big (too low of a sidewall to be OEM) and what's with the black/carbon roof?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Firstly, the front bumper design won't have the 'U-shaped' smiley face ( \__/ ), but rather an upside-down U-shape ( /---\ ).

The rear diffuser is all wrong. We've already seen a photo of the rear diffuser completely uncovered.

The 'power dome' certainly won't be an M5 feature. The M5 still has to maintain its Executive image.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Nice however

Firstly, the front bumper design won't have the 'U-shaped' smiley face ( \__/ ), but rather an upside-down U-shape ( /---\ ).

The rear diffuser is all wrong. We've already seen a photo of the rear diffuser completely uncovered.

The 'power dome' certainly won't be an M5 feature. The M5 still has to maintain its Executive image.
+1 very good observation. Although I like this rendering and kudos to the imagination of the artist but as it has been mentioned, the official release will have smaller diameter wheels, the rear diffuser we've seen in photos along with no power dome. I always thought the m5 to be strikingly different from the m3 cosmetically and unfortunately these renderings show it to be just a bigger e92.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Good points Bartek, I didnt tink about the powerdome.

What I only felt was a bit too much was the reardiffusser, a bit too "busy" looking other than that I really like it.

Bartek, I thought the front spoiler should have some lones from the BMW (550i) Sport Package :confused: See below: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/f10-m5-discussion/166389-member-cidair-550ix-sport-package.html

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
True, maybe because it is an easier way for the artist to "copy" something that has already beem done. Also see below on that: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/f1...mw-m5-f10-render-m5board-com.html#post1706496

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DSSLvU8y6J4?fs=1&hl=sv_SE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DSSLvU8y6J4?fs=1&hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Fortunately, for BMW M they already have the original designer of the BMW M3 E90 that will do the BMW M5 :trophy_bronze:

I always thought the m5 to be strikingly different from the m3 cosmetically and unfortunately these renderings show it to be just a bigger e92.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Hard to say, but I'd bet more for the wide at the top lower scoop \-----/ rather than the M3 style wide at the bottom scroop /-----\ simply as a cue that this is not an M3. I agree that the M Sport package for the F10 5er is a good basis to see the "design language" they have in mind for the new M5.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Another (strictly personal) prediction based on nothing: BMW won't put a power dome/buldge on the hood/bonnet unless they need it for more engine clearance. I don't think they will "power dome" the hood just for visual effect. I'm guessing that the M3 needed it for the S65 V8. Oh well, we will know by at least November 2011 (but hopefully sooner via a concept car).

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
COncenpt M5 for March 2011 I am hoping for :santasmile2:

Another (strictly personal) prediction based on nothing: BMW won't put a power dome/buldge on the hood/bonnet unless they need it for more engine clearance. I don't think they will "power dome" the hood just for visual effect. I'm guessing that the M3 needed it for the S65 V8. Oh well, we will know by at least November 2011 (but hopefully sooner via a concept car).

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hi there, as with some of the chaps here i doubt the power dome will feature on the m5 and the whhels too big, to be honest looks like a future version Schnitzer or Hamman m5 that could be offered as opposed to something BMW will build. But hey all is still speculation can't wait to see the finished article though. Merry Christmas in advance :2:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Hi there, as with some of the chaps here i doubt the power dome will feature on the m5 and the whhels too big, to be honest looks like a future version Schnitzer or Hamman m5 that could be offered as opposed to something BMW will build. But hey all is still speculation can't wait to see the finished article though. Merry Christmas in advance :2:
I agree!

And Happy Holidays to you and everyone on the Board.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts