BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the new front lip [thanks vitiokas95 :M5thumbs:], removed the time-attacks, and new front grills. Pics aren't the best, but the best for tonight ouich. Enjoy!

This is how it looked before the lip, with time-attacks:

·
Registered
851 Posts
I assume that is made out of fiberglass material correct? I have a carbon black also and was thinking of buying the same front lip and painting it matte black too. What I really wish is someone would offer this lip in abs plastic. Your pics does look good though, thx.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume that is made out of fiberglass material correct? I have a carbon black also and was thinking of buying the same front lip and painting it matte black too. What I really wish is someone would offer this lip in abs plastic. Your pics does look good though, thx.
Yeah, I wish it was ABS, but this will do until I find one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
time attack stripes are the red stripes around a circumference of a wheel. i don't know where the term came from but it reminds me of the old Hotwheels cars with the red stripe on the tire.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Your wheels (with no red stripe) make me happy in pant - lip looks good too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I like that lip, was thinking about getting one.

I think rims look better stripeless

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again vitiokas95!

More Pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Was that one of the ones off Ebay? I was thinking about one of them for under $100.
I'd like to get a nice carbon one but since my front end grinds on almost every driveway I figure I should just go cheap for know.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was that one of the ones off Ebay? I was thinking about one of them for under $100.
I'd like to get a nice carbon one but since my front end grinds on almost every driveway I figure I should just go cheap for know.
Yeah, I bought it off a forum member but it originated from eBay. The CF one is real nice. The non-CF one is definitely a little cheaper. My driveway is quite steep, but didn't scrape. The lip is the same thickness as that little black piece in the last picture I posted on the first post.

·
Registered
53 Posts
NICE

·
Registered
417 Posts
Very nice!! Loving your wheels too!! I have the carbon lip. I have a pretty steep driveway, but it doesn't scrape. I have some H&R springs on order so I'm sure I'll get some scraping going on after the install.

·
Registered
877 Posts
damn all of you guys... this place is going to make my girlfriend leave me (oh yeah, I dont have one right now)... That lip is going on the list of things "to do" and those wheels will be added shortly after. I may need to sell a kidney soon.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
damn all of you guys... this place is going to make my girlfriend leave me (oh yeah, I dont have one right now)... That lip is going on the list of things "to do" and those wheels will be added shortly after. I may need to sell a kidney soon.
LOL, it is a good thing we have 2 kidneys :hihi:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yeah, I bought it off a forum member but it originated from eBay. The CF one is real nice. The non-CF one is definitely a little cheaper. My driveway is quite steep, but didn't scrape. The lip is the same thickness as that little black piece in the last picture I posted on the first post.
Do you know which seller it was bought from on ebay? I'd like to purchase it just was too reluctant to since I didn't trust after market brand.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you know which seller it was bought from on ebay? I'd like to purchase it just was too reluctant to since I didn't trust after market brand.
I don't know the eBay seller. When I bought it, I only saw 1 or 2 sellers of the lip with close to 100% feedback, but now looking at eBay, I see multiple sellers [none of which were the ones I initially saw]. I'd say PM member vitiokas95.

·
Super Moderator
10,461 Posts
looks really nice. I like the spoiler, would make a nice gift for my car for turning 100k miles tonight!

I also liked the wheels with the stripes, but they look very nice without too.

How does the lip attatch? Simple bolt on?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looks really nice. I like the spoiler, would make a nice gift for my car for turning 100k miles tonight!

I also liked the wheels with the stripes, but they look very nice without too.

How does the lip attatch? Simple bolt on?
Thanks...I think if I were your car, I'd want that sort of gift ;)

It attaches with 8 total screws. It screws directly into the underside of the bumper. Straight forward install.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
mod bargains has the fiberglass version to.. but its a couple of bucks more expensive.

im looking for one to :hihi::hihi:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts