BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats! How does it compare to each of your previous M cars? First impression? Why the switch, I’m considering one myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st impression was god this is fast haha, i loved all of my other m's e46 e60 and e92 but i must say i prefer the extra power and room of the m5 and its doing 24mpg atm twice what i got from the e60. Iv only driven it a few times first was the drive from london to somerset so 200miles and loved ever second of it the car is so planted on the road and the speed is deceptive so be careful not to get yourself a ticket! Overall i love the car and would recomend to anyone

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Best thing I found on mine was heaps longer km per tank!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice color!! My e39 M5 has been down for months now, no money to fix it at the moment, but NO WAY I'm letting her go... Getting high in miles though, I was considering in the past of upgrading to the M6 Gran Coupe, but no longer employed so that'll have to wait (and getting the M5 fixed). Hopefully soon, but Congrats, looks great. If it's like me driving my M5, it'll always be a joy driving. Like having multiple cars, I don't even wanna drive the others, lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes exactly i love driving it make up excuses to do so aswell, never driven the e39 whats it like as a daily?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Grrr, it was very fun as a daily driver, too much fun. LeMans Blue, Caramel interior, 6-Speed (some non-car people are surprised when I tell them the car doesn't have an Automatic transmission option). No accident or anything, but too many miles and starting to come up with more and more problems. Hopefully she'll be back on the road soon, I need a job first though...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What miles you got on it? Yeah i can imagine it as a daily thats what mines turning into

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got the car in like 2011 maybe, around 88k miles. I think it's up to twice as much now, not too bad, I guess. It's supposed to be a Forever car too...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts