BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yup, sure looks good and sounds great.

For now, I'm not willing to pull the trigger on a $3,500 mod without a brochure, reviews, a web site with product details... something beyond a forum post and a YouTube video that contributes toward my gaining peace of mind in the purchase and an understanding of the credibility of the product and the manufacturer (no offense intended toward you with that comment, of course, I simply don't know anything at this point).

Can you help me out or are you still in early stages?

Here is a link to my review of the exhaust: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/f10-m5-discussion/331585-rpi-gtm-resonated-review.html

And video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmjIm-skUWg&feature=youtu.be

There are reviews and videos of the exhaust by other members as well.

I've had the RPi GTM exhaust on my car for about a year now, swapped out the resonated section for the full straight pipe setup sometime in April this year. It sounds absolutely incredible, and the power gains are noticeable over time. The video is of the exhaust before I removed the resonated section. Also, I have stock cats in place, haven't gone catless.

SVJ

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks--what about the CEL?
There is NO CEL from just our GTM exhaust. You only get the CEL from going with catless downpipes.

Have you got a price for this delivered to Scotland please?
Send me an email eloy @ raceprecision.com with your info and I'll get a quote to you.

Still deciding whats next. I drove the M5 and M4 in the last 2 weeks. Love both for different reasons. Im still leaning towards the M5.
I drove all the cars while developing parts. The M4, M3 is a lot of fun........BUT, the M5 and M6 are just beasts! My favorite still is the M6GC. For some damn reason, we get more power out of all the M6s from our exhaust compared to the M5. The two systems are almost identical but the mid pipe is a tad shorter. Power differences are about 12whp

·
Registered
756 Posts
Here is a link to my review of the exhaust: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/f10-m5-discussion/331585-rpi-gtm-resonated-review.html

And video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmjIm-skUWg&feature=youtu.be

There are reviews and videos of the exhaust by other members as well.

I've had the RPi GTM exhaust on my car for about a year now, swapped out the resonated section for the full straight pipe setup sometime in April this year. It sounds absolutely incredible, and the power gains are noticeable over time. The video is of the exhaust before I removed the resonated section. Also, I have stock cats in place, haven't gone catless.

SVJ
Appreciate the info and detailed insights in your review.

You mention the "resonated section"--is this a muffler replacement? Either way, why did you switch?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Appreciate the info and detailed insights in your review.

You mention the "resonated section"--is this a muffler replacement? Either way, why did you switch?
The resonated section is the part just after the Cats. The resonators basically reduce the sound and drone to some extent. The reason why I switched is because I wanted the exhaust to be louder and the drone did not bother me much. The GTM system has no mufflers and no valves (the rear section just before the tips).

SVJ

·
Registered
27 Posts
We currently have a 2014 M5 with an RPI exhaust. We get compliments on it all the time. Eloy has worked on our M3, M5 , M6 and X5M. He is as reputable as it gets. I have known Eloy for about 7 years. I have learned in that time that if Eloy makes a representation about one of his products, you can count on it. He takes pride in the quality of his products, as he should. If you are considering an exhaust, you should absolutely give his products serious consideration.

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
We currently have a 2014 M5 with an RPI exhaust. We get compliments on it all the time. Eloy has worked on our M3, M5 , M6 and X5M. He is as reputable as it gets. I have known Eloy for about 7 years. I have learned in that time that if Eloy makes a representation about one of his products, you can count on it. He takes pride in the quality of his products, as he should. If you are considering an exhaust, you should absolutely give his products serious consideration.
Wow, 7 years already????? :)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I know it's an old thread but I'm subscribed as my RPI GTM exhaust gets installed on 2/1. So hard to sit still in anticipation. Went with gloss black tips. Thanks RPI for the stellar packing of the exhaust. Everything arrived perfectly across country.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts