BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found some space to do a better video of my car.

BTW, all GTMs sold out after this past weekend's event. Taking orders now. Order yours before the waiting list gets too long. :)

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you provide me a link to something on your website that describes what this comprises, cost, details of gains (sound, HP), etc.?
Here is a file of the dyno tests. Pretty massive gains. The system is T304 and goes from stock downpipes all the way back. Our GTM does not come with valves as we want to maximize performance. The system is designed by me, made here and has our limited lifetime warranty as does all our exhausts. Price is $3599

Check about for sound or you can also google "RPI GTM F10 M5" for videos from all over.

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
Here is a file of the dyno tests. Pretty massive gains. The system is T304 and goes from stock downpipes all the way back. Our GTM does not come with valves as we want to maximize performance. The system is designed by me, made here and has our limited lifetime warranty as does all our exhausts. Price is $3599

Check about for sound or you can also google "RPI GTM F10 M5" for videos from all over.
Yup, sure looks good and sounds great.

For now, I'm not willing to pull the trigger on a $3,500 mod without a brochure, reviews, a web site with product details... something beyond a forum post and a YouTube video that contributes toward my gaining peace of mind in the purchase and an understanding of the credibility of the product and the manufacturer (no offense intended toward you with that comment, of course, I simply don't know anything at this point).

Can you help me out or are you still in early stages?

·
Registered
756 Posts

For now, I'm not willing to pull the trigger on a $3,500 mod without a brochure, reviews, a web site with product details... something beyond a forum post and a YouTube video that contributes toward my gaining peace of mind in the purchase and an understanding of the credibility of the product and the manufacturer (no offense intended toward you with that comment, of course, I simply don't know anything at this point).

Hmmm, I think I made mistake; I'd assumed this was your web site:

http://www.rpipower.com/

having quickly googled, it appears this is:

RPi - Race Precision, Inc.

... if so, then disregard my earlier response and I'll get to reading (which I'm doing now anyway).

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Sorry about that. I thought you already knew us as many on this forum. We have been around for over 16 years now (www.raceprecision.com) You can also order from RPi - Race Precision, Inc.

We just sold out of the GTMs and are making some more right now. It should be a couple of weeks. If you want to know about us, you can also do a search for "RPi" on this forum. We have been a sponsor here for several years. We are also the ones who originally designed the ram air concept for BMWs that many other companies now try to copy.

This exhaust is not in its early stages as it has been selling worldwide for about 2 years now. Let me know if there is anything else you have questions on.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Sorry about that. I thought you already knew us as many on this forum. We have been around for over 16 years now (www.raceprecision.com) You can also order from RPi - Race Precision, Inc.

We just sold out of the GTMs and are making some more right now. It should be a couple of weeks. If you want to know about us, you can also do a search for "RPi" on this forum. We have been a sponsor here for several years. We are also the ones who originally designed the ram air concept for BMWs that many other companies now try to copy.

This exhaust is not in its early stages as it has been selling worldwide for about 2 years now. Let me know if there is anything else you have questions on.
Thanks... excuse my naivety as to your company. I'm quite new to these particular forums and to M5s.

I am curious to know how I would get this installed if I choose proceed--I'm based in WA and just spent 4-days driving my new M5 back from where you are (don't really feel like going back :0)

Two product-specific questions:

1. does your install trigger a CEL?
2. Do you have a picture of the tips (my point here is that I'd prefer it *look* stock or close to it)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Thanks... excuse my naivety as to your company. I'm quite new to these particular forums and to M5s.

I am curious to know how I would get this installed if I choose proceed--I'm based in WA and just spent 4-days driving my new M5 back from where you are (don't really feel like going back :0)

2. Do you have a picture of the tips (my point here is that I'd prefer it *look* stock or close to it)?

Thanks!
No need to be worried about quality with RPI. I had their GT system on my E60 M5 and loved it!! Build quality was really good, never had any issues at all. It completely transformed the sound of the car... its the main reason I miss the V10.

As for install, any good shop can install it for you, its a direct bolt on so its very easy, especially with a lift. A couple of really good shops in our area that could help with the install are Broadstroke and 425 Motorsports.

GL

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thanks!
The tips are quad 3.5" which is larger than stock but not by as much as some of the other systems. I've seen massive 4"+ tips, that personally, I do not like. Everyone has their own style though. You can get a good idea of how they look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qSWuvK-QNM

+ 0qSWuvK-QNM" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
0qSWuvK-QNM"> 0qSWuvK-QNM" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

No need to be worried about quality with RPI. I had their GT system on my E60 M5 and loved it!! Build quality was really good, never had any issues at all. It completely transformed the sound of the car... its the main reason I miss the V10.

As for install, any good shop can install it for you, its a direct bolt on so its very easy, especially with a lift. A couple of really good shops in our area that could help with the install are Broadstroke and 425 Motorsports.

GL
Thanks man. How's your new ride coming?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
The tips are quad 3.5" which is larger than stock but not by as much as some of the other systems. I've seen massive 4"+ tips, that personally, I do not like. Everyone has their own style though. You can get a good idea of how they look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qSWuvK-QNM

+ 0qSWuvK-QNM" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
0qSWuvK-QNM"> 0qSWuvK-QNM" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Thanks man. How's your new ride coming?
Still deciding whats next. I drove the M5 and M4 in the last 2 weeks. Love both for different reasons. Im still leaning towards the M5.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Still deciding whats next. I drove the M5 and M4 in the last 2 weeks. Love both for different reasons. Im still leaning towards the M5.
I faced the same question when I switched out my last M5 a month or so ago. I drove a few other models from the competition, too, before deciding:
- M4
- M6 GP
- E63 AMG-S
- E63 AMG-S Wagon
- S6
- RS7

M4 was fun; more tossable; nimbler but lacked the luxury of the M5 and, to me, it can't shake the sports-car ride like the M5 can. By that, I mean the M5 can be both sports-car and a luxury 4-door family sedan (in fact, luxury is exactly what it is whenever you first get in it and it's at its default settings). The M4 always felt sporty, too harsh for the family aspects and obviously interior-space is challenging.

M6 GP was lovely; looks great; felt slower, though, somehow. It almost won but only seats 4 and that isn't enough. The price delta would have been a tough sell to the wife (possibly until she saw it I suppose but we never got there).

E63 AMG S: I don't like the looks inside or out; the cabin reminds me of a taxi-cab; the tech is so illogical and dated I was stunned; the engine-note was nothing short of fabulous; the transmission was nothing short of garbage (compared to an M5's DCT I mean) and it felt substantially slower at WOT at any speed than any of the M-cars I'd just gotten out of.

Let's not talk about the wagon.

RS7 was phenomenal overall but I don't get why people rave so much about the Audi interiors--I thought it was nice, nothing more. Exterior looks are a subjective thing and I fall on the positive side of that line; power was instant and I LOVED the 4-wheel drive aspect because I couldn't feel it. You only know it's there when you floor it on wet pavement and ask yourself "what rain?" as it seem to launch the same regardless of the weather. Do that in an M5 on the same wet-pavement and you hit 30mph on the spot in a very impressive no time at all while demonstrating your juvenile side in the form of impressive tail-wiggles. The RS7 might have won on that 4-wheel drive aspect alone (although I still preferred the M5's overall cabin experience and driving experience) but the final nail went squarely into the RS7's figurative coffin when we spoke numbers (bare in mind that I lease my cars). It would have cost me just shy of $500 / month more than the M5 if similarly equipped. I asked why, the salesman told me that BMW inflate their residuals. I said, "why the hell would I care what they do to their residuals--that's their call--the end result is that I get the car cheaper." He responded, "it's an Audi", to which I replied. "it's an M5" and left.

... job done.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts