BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cats were cooked; shooting black smoke and generally just smelling acidic and gross. So they needed to go. I replaced them with high-flow cats and also deleted the muffler. Kept the stock resonator.

The exhaust sounds absolutely savage but is very manageable and has virtually no drone when cruising. Quiet in the low RPMs. Just another +1 for muffler delete.

Good day for the E39.

Some from Unobtainium Welding's Instagram

Reactions: cura

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Nice work! Post a sound clip!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Dude that looks awesome. I wonder how it sounds...do those cats increase DB output? Nice and clean too.

·
Registered
294 Posts
sound clip+1.. where do you live.. if close would love to hear it

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So this is the best I could do with the wife filming. I got a major eye-roll moment when I asked her to "film my car". Anyway, here it is and I'll be taking another with less wind noise and a flyby that isn't muffled by a bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XnMY9aep30

Looks amazing. What kind of Cats did you use?
These are actually some custom ones that my welder has a guy build for him locally. They are wicked. Rated for 200CPSI each.

Dude that looks awesome. I wonder how it sounds...do those cats increase DB output? Nice and clean too.
Yes I think they do. I have heard a muffler delete M5 before and this is louder. Especially when there are walls/houses on either side ;)

sound clip+1.. where do you live.. if close would love to hear it
If you want to take a 2500km road trip to Calgary, I'd be happy to show you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts