BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a new Stebro exhaust installed on my wife's 2003 Z4 3.0 yesterday, and it sounds great (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyAbSgJ1_-w). He did this for a reduced cost as he needed a sound clip.
When he found out that I had a 2008 M5, he offered me a FREE system, to get a video and sound clip.

I'm worried about the warranty in Canada. Have any Canadians checked to see whether it is affected? I've sent an email to BMW Canada, but they may take a few days to reply, and he would like the car immediately, as they have a few spare days to do the work.

They did a new X5, and it sounds MEAN!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXfsnauaKwU&feature=related).

I really like the fact that their systems have a LIFETIME warranty.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you mean pictures of the Z4..no. I think the video shows it off pretty well, as it is only the muffler.
I was completely ignored by BMW Canada on the warranty question, so I sent an email to the president...You got it...ignored again. I guess they don't want anything in writing, so they can cover themselves if anything goes wrong in the future.
The only excuse I can see for them voiding the warranty is the lack of back-pressure. What parts could that affect?

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
If you mean pictures of the Z4..no. I think the video shows it off pretty well, as it is only the muffler.
I was completely ignored by BMW Canada on the warranty question, so I sent an email to the president...You got it...ignored again. I guess they don't want anything in writing, so they can cover themselves if anything goes wrong in the future.
The only excuse I can see for them voiding the warranty is the lack of back-pressure. What parts could that affect?

Don't worry about it....at worst it would be your cats and o2 sensor.

I have never heard of a warranty denial for an exhaust for a normally aspirated car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts