1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Was there a probelm with your M5 one???

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
So this was my christmas present to myself a X5 M steering wheel multi-function with alcantara and leather and tri-color stitching all controls are fully functional and just waiting for airbag.
Nice!

So you coonected the battery to test functionality?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Unique mod but I personally dont feel the triangle shape looks "right" in the E39. The wheel itself is very nice though.

·
Registered
300 Posts
So the E70 ///M wheel and airbag will work fully with E39 - interesting......did you get this from your contacts in Europe, or can it be purchased from dealers in the US? I assume E53 will work as well?

·
Company Representative for Euro Parts Direct
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I purchased in Europe the back of wheel were you slide into column is a match for the x5 but some other models are different I have never seen this wheel in US brought to dealer and parts guy offered to buy

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
yes i have cruise control no radio due to fact mine is all aftermarket but all is good
Hope you have the air bag reset tool to get rid of the light...

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Saw this in person, it looks even better than in pics. Goes great with all of Slimm's alcantara goodies in his interior.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Looks great,
I have a 2000 set up and in my normal/comfortable setting I can't see the scrolling letters/warnings on the bottom of the display
OR I can't see the top of the speedo/tack.......does this wheel allow you more up/down visibility if you will. I really would like to change wheels but don'y know what year/model to change too. Any advice?

p.s.
I'm sitting down and will try not to faint....how $$$$$ is this swap?

Randy

·
Company Representative for Euro Parts Direct
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
guys if their is any interest i can try to get more of this steering wheel when i purchased wheel all the connections where in the center of steering wheel i just disconnected the battery and plugged in i was worried that i wouldnt have cruise control but took a chance it works i have to buy the steering wheel control adapter because i have a Avic-d3 Pioneer deck

1 - 20 of 40 Posts