1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hopefully it will have an Audi body!!!!

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I kind of like it- Its a little weird, but overall, I think its their best so far. I like the music a lot. I do not like changing the Ultimate Driving Machine tag line for Sheer Driving Pleasure. That is one of the greatest marketing programs of all time and they should not lose it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Haha, sorry.

I just ment that I think it's a fairly ugly car on the outside, and I am really starting to find the new Audi designs really attractive. Even the big grill look. So I'll take the handling and interior of the E90 in a Audi body. Although, Audi interiors are really nice. I drove an S6 Avant last week for a day and was really impressed by it. Some body roll, and not exactly a Ferrari, but it sure made a couple of kids in Hondas look twice when I took off from a light.

All in all I really don't like the E90, it's lost something, perhaps agressiveness, or personality.

In the past all BMWs had a trademark look with the headlights and grils. Now BMWs look like most pontiacs from the grils, and most Japanese cars. Just dissapointed I guess.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Aviator said:
Haha, sorry.

I just ment that I think it's a fairly ugly car on the outside, and I am really starting to find the new Audi designs really attractive. Even the big grill look. So I'll take the handling and interior of the E90 in a Audi body. Although, Audi interiors are really nice. I drove an S6 Avant last week for a day and was really impressed by it. Some body roll, and not exactly a Ferrari, but it sure made a couple of kids in Hondas look twice when I took off from a light.

All in all I really don't like the E90, it's lost something, perhaps agressiveness, or personality.

In the past all BMWs had a trademark look with the headlights and grils. Now BMWs look like most pontiacs from the grils, and most Japanese cars. Just dissapointed I guess.
I agree with you regarding the design and models of the E90. For me it just does not do anything for me. However when the M3 version arrives this could all change. Maybe it is a car which I will grow fonder of over time hmmm .

Regards,

Louis

·
Registered
897 Posts
I like the design - edgy without the bangle butt. Just read a preview of the 3-series in Autoweek with some more details that got me thinking about the next M3:

1) nearly as big as an E39.
2) 3150 curb weight (330i).
2) S62 engine.
4) 6-speed manual transmission (my speculation here).
5) 4 doors (also my speculation, got my fingers and toes crossed on this one).

Looks like we have a winner gentlemen.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Not to be a "ditto head", but "edgy without the bangle butt" was my sentiment exactly. There was a comment in the AW article that BMW was going back to a more classic design with the 3 series - perhaps the next gen M5 will be something worth considering. . .

and on a completely unrelated note, did anyone else see that AW will no longer be on Speed channel after December? :(

CEC said:
I like the design - edgy without the bangle butt. Just read a preview of the 3-series in Autoweek with some more details that got me thinking about the next M3:

1) nearly as big as an E39.
2) 3150 curb weight (330i).
2) S62 engine.
4) 6-speed manual transmission (my speculation here).
5) 4 doors (also my speculation, got my fingers and toes crossed on this one).

Looks like we have a winner gentlemen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts