BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

My name is Dave, first off. Im 23 and Im a massive car enthusiast. I live in upstate NY, so the time to drive fast is very limited!

A bit about myself - I am a health administrator, but I have made most of my money by investing in the market. This is what allows me to buy cars :p

The current cars I own are a 2013 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR (currently holds the world record for WHP at 700 for the MR dual clutch), a 2012 Mustang GT (730WHP) and now finally an E63 M6.

I purchased the car from a dealer in NJ and it just had the SMG pump replaced by a BMW dealer. It runs perfectly, and has every option except the auxiliary port!

Upon getting the car, I got a Vivid Racing tune (review coming soon), Dinan Rear sway and front roll kit, straight piped from the resonators back, and got the front and rear bumpers repainted. I did all maintenance (spark plugs, oil, rear diff fluid, etc) Ordered the BMC drop in filters as well! Im a detailer, so I gave the car a nice two stage buff.

I must say, this thing is amazing. The SMG is not NEARLY as bad as Ive read. Yes, the shifts are lazy, but I like being able to feel every shift.

Plus, in S6 mode the shifts are perfectly acceptable in partial throttle. Coming from two beasts who aren't the most civilized cars, this thing is a breath of fresh air.

The car has no torque, but LOVES the high end hp. The top end is excellent. The gearing is the reason for this. I banged through 2-6 up to like 160 and it never stops pulling.

The interior is beautiful and the car is so well built. I am in love!!!!

http://i58.tinypic.com/v5g9yd.jpg

·
Registered
657 Posts
Nice garage Dave!

Love the fact that you're a performance freak like some of us here. The one thing about these M cars is you start to love them more & more the longer you spend driving them. Hopefully you got the car with warranty.

Welcome to the M Family, and enjoy driving in good health.

- Tash

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats! I look forward to your review on the tune and whatever mod you'll be doing!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone tell me if it's a good idea to ditch my Dinan Rear Sway bar and front sway control kit for a set of RD sport sways?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts