BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed an interlagos blue M5 into the BMW garage today (dropping my car in as the alarm is playing up - new bonnet switch under warranty :M5thumbs: )

And I spoke to the salesman when he got out of the M5.......

"So how does it compare to the old model then ?"

He replied, it does now have the SMG box..

"Do you like it ? is it as sporty as the manual, when does the manual version come out"

He replied, Manual havent heard about that, why would anyone want manual ? What this car needs is an auto box.

URRGGHH " Auto, what's wrong with the SMG ? "

Too many gears, it has 7 you know. A 5 speed smooth auto would be less hassle.

At that point I decided not to continue the discussion...... Listen fella go get youreslf a fat *** merc 4 speed auto and forget about sports cars was going through my head :mad:

It's a good job the press and following sells M cars without this idiot's intervention........ :haha:

Gonna book myself a test drive just to check it out :haha: :M5launch: :haha:

I am on the list for the new AMV8, but at £20k cheaper (probably nearer £10k by the time you spec it up) I might be tempted by the E60.....

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
The gearbox also has an auto function, stupid salesman ouich

Happy test driving :1:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in the same situation as you are.. It's either going to be AMV8 or an M5 the AM is a bit more expensive and no details yet about the options .. And I am more tempted by the M5.. So who knows in few month's what will I be driving..

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gonna start by having a drive of the M5 then see if I can get a chance with the AMV8 later this year. another thought is mileage and depreciation 15-20 a year, I suspect the AM would be devalued with 60k on it over 3 years, probably more than the BM ?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Adrian - don't forget the M5 can carry four people with their luggage in great comfort and NO Aston can do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts