BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

New E60 M5 owner

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  socalsk8r 
#1 ·
Long time lurker here, after about 2 years of on-and-off searching, finally found an M5 that ticked almost all the boxes for me so I decided to purchase it as a summer daily car.
It has everything I wanted, only missing HuD and Interlagos exterior but considering the condition I was willing to go without them.
6-speed, sport seats, LCI, one owner, super-clean, 83k miles.

Already made a few modifications:
FAMS tune
Autosolutions SSK
Clutch stop
CDV delete
H&R Springs
Secondary cat and muffler delete with Carbon M Performance tips.
12mm spacers all around
Satin black powdercoat on the rims
Black grills/badges

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats on your pick up. I also really wanted to Interlagos to match my M3, but when you'll only settle for that 6 speed master race life concessions will need to be made. My silverstone has really grown on me though.

How is the M coupe treating you, I've been kicking around the idea of tracking one down for a semi-dedicated track car.

#5 ·
Congrats on your pick up. I also really wanted to Interlagos to match my M3, but when you'll only settle for that 6 speed master race life concessions will need to be made. My silverstone has really grown on me though.

How is the M coupe treating you, I've been kicking around the idea of tracking one down for a semi-dedicated track car.
Thank you!

I'm super happy with the M Coupe, I've had it since 2009, originally wanted to keep it stock, then started doing little things, and it snowballed over the years.
It has now become a dedicated track car, plan to throw some lightweight bucket seats in it and an RTD shifter soon. I've put way too much money into it over the years to ever sell it, so one day down the road it will also get an S85 swap.

#4 ·
Welcome to the 6MT club!! Any additional mods planned?

#6 ·
Thank you!

That's it for mods this year, will be doing some preventative maintenance in the spring (bearings, HP VANOS line).
Over the winter I will keep an eye out for front and rear lips, diffuser and maybe some more aggressive aftermarket wheels. The next thing planned though, I want to do for sure is swap to an E9x M3 wheel, I just don't like the original one, it just seems a little bit too big for me and the leather is really faded.

#8 ·
The Imola red is gorgeous, certainly shows that you've spent some love on it. I'd double check about the steering wheel though, fairly certain the E9X steering wheels do not work in the e60.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.