BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I'm coming from a 335i Coupe that I had for about 4 years and loved every second of driving that car. Needless to say the M5 is a HUGE difference in driving!

I recently picked up a 2006 M5 in Black Sapphire Metallic with black interior, fully loaded with HUD and factory warranty til 100K. Looking forward to learning from everyone on the board and getting some ideas when it comes time to mod this beast!

Here's what I came from.

And what arrived in the garage yesterday!

Enjoy!

--Phu

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Congrats nice beast!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome to the club, I joined this week too. And I am still grinning.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Congrat :D ... Nice looking wheel on your 335 , is that 19'' or ?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Congrats and welcome! You have some amazing driving ahead of you! Enjoy!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just curious, what are your impressions of the beast so far compared to your 335?? I have my own opinions, just curious to hear someone else's. Btw, congrats on the new ride!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just curious, what are your impressions of the beast so far compared to your 335?? I have my own opinions, just curious to hear someone else's. Btw, congrats on the new ride!!
You can't really compare apples to apples when it comes to the 335i vs the M5 haha, but I'll try and break it down.

The first thing I noticed was the difference in power, the fact that I have that much raw HP ready to go at a moments notice is insane and I can definitely see myself getting into trouble if I'm not careful. M mode on this car is nuts, I love the fact that BMW has preset the car to it's peak performance at the touch of a button. (I wasted a lot gas playing around in M mode) On that note, the fact that you can customize the EDC and DSC as well as gear shift speeds is nice, while with the 335i it came the way it is out of the box. Some might think that the M5 is too complicated and prefer the straight out of the box kind of feel, I appreciate the ability to customize my driving experience.

The 335i was a bit more responsive with regard to throttle response, but thats mainly because it was a stick. From what I've seen so far is that the SMG has been a bit of a learning curve for me to learn how to control and master. Ride quality is great and surprisingly the car is very nimble for a big 4 door.

As far as options and bells and whistles my 335i had most of the options that my M5 has, only thing my 335i didn't have was the comfort access, heated seats, park distance, and 6 disc changer.

All in all I love everything about the M5 thus far and I know it'll be hard to knit pick any faults with the car. It's definitely an excellent compromise between having a mature 4 door and sporty hot rod, it has met/exceeded any of my expectations so far. I'm very glad that I chose to go with the M5 as a opposed to the M6.

Hope that helps! Did you used to own a 335i as well? I'd love to hear your take as well!

·
Registered
7,328 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I live in Stockton, so I probably won't be able to make it out to cars and coffee but i'll definitely try to make it out to the dinner meet. Going to try to meet up with Joe from Trinity to get my Angel eyes installed :biggrin:
Get a room at the Valencia. :)

Need to know today if you're coming for dinner though, so I can turn in final headcount to the restaurant.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Get a room at the Valencia. :)

Need to know today if you're coming for dinner though, so I can turn in final headcount to the restaurant.

Actually somethings just came up i wont be able to make it out. :(

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Actually somethings just came up i wont be able to make it out. :(
Just to make sure, is that you +1 for a total of 2 for dinner or just you? And this is for Saturday's dinner at Krung Thai right? You should really consider getting a room at the hotel cause it'll be a long drive back to Stockton.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just to make sure, is that you +1 for a total of 2 for dinner or just you? And this is for Saturday's dinner at Krung Thai right? You should really consider getting a room at the hotel cause it'll be a long drive back to Stockton.
LOL sorry for the confusion I actually had to change plans for Saturday. couple things came up where I won't be able to make it out Saturday at all for the meet.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts