BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a Red '07 M5 back in 2010 (Schomp BMW in Denver) and sold it as I was spending most of my time overseas :-( Now that I am back stateside full time, I picked up another e60 M5, a Sapphire Black '06 with 12k miles. (I'll be swapping out the H&R sport springs soon if anyone is interested).

I live in the North Colorado Springs area, but any of you that go to the Great Indoors Saturday morning get together might know my 1000hp+ blue '01 turbo (GT2 front/rear with carbon roof and hood and TX plates). A couple others and myself actually started the meets there a few years ago.

/Anders

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Congrats and welcome back into the fold! I'll be down in the Springs on Friday for a couple quick meetings.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey I am new to the board and I also just picked up a 2006 M5 from orange county in December. I live in Parker/Castle Rock so not too far from C Springs and I also go to the meets on Sat in Park Meadows.

email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Congrats on your purchase, hopefully the winter isnt too long so we can get our fun cars back on the road again. I'll shoot you an email and add you to our Rocky Mountains Exotic group as well.

//Anders

Hey I am new to the board and I also just picked up a 2006 M5 from orange county in December. I live in Parker/Castle Rock so not too far from C Springs and I also go to the meets on Sat in Park Meadows.

email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks! and its so hard to keep it in the garage, I take it out anytime the sun is out and the roads are dry :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
58 Posts
We'll all have to get together one of these days, I have tools and a heated garage if needed.

Anyone need any HR Sport springs? $250
Hey Anders, have you ever replaced your spark plugs? I am due and was wondering if it was any easy job to do my self. Dealer is is expensive.

And I might be interested in your springs. I might want to see how yours rides fist with them and the difference.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My '06 M5 only has 12k miles, haven't done plugs yet, hear half of them are easy, the others not so much, but...I've a history of destroying knuckles, lets try it.

I already had the springs swapped and are in my garage ready to go. It lowers the car to about the top of the tires (see pic), the ride with HR's on no EDC is about the same as oem with 1 EDC (maybe a little more) selected, definitely lower and firmer, if I had to quantify, Id say 30%. I need one of my cars to have a softer ride :) the turbo is very firm with the JRZ RS1's.

Hey Anders, have you ever replaced your spark plugs? I am due and was wondering if it was any easy job to do my self. Dealer is is expensive.

And I might be interested in your springs. I might want to see how yours rides fist with them and the difference.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice, looks good. What do you have on now?

So are the springs just more for looks and stance of the M5? Colorado roads are not fun to drive on too many pot holes and crappy road conditions. When I have M mode on with EDC at 2 you feel everything! I only have it on if I know the road is smooth and nice.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I would've kept the springs in.

Stock ride height is terrible... uneven gap front to back

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It definitely lowers it, it's also about 25% more firm, so 0 in EDC with HR's feels more like EDC 1 (more like 1.2-1.3) and EDC 1 feels more like EDC 2.4ish etc... if that makes sense.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MTV, you're right, there is an uneven gap front to back, but factory spring firmness is ideal for what I use the car for, compliant for everyday driving and firm when needed.

I would've kept the springs in.

Stock ride height is terrible... uneven gap front to back

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey man i would love to trade my stock springs + cash for your hrs! I'm local in the springs, have a white m5 with a yakima roof rack!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts