BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I feel like this is a neat idea..... until you STOP. Not to mention will be in the way of your elbow whilst shifting.

Kinda prefer my car with no real usable cup holders, but I did get the one that sits down in where the original ones are, too bad the size is only so big to hold certain smaller cups. Now I have a Yeti coffee cup that fully closes and seals and when I go to work, I seal it up good and lean it in the back passenger foot well. No spills and I can drive how I want, and if I would like a sip, I un-do the cap, sip and re-lock it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just bought one! Looks good enough for me.

Reactions: Cuzzman1977

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I feel like this is a neat idea..... until you STOP. Not to mention will be in the way of your elbow whilst shifting.

Kinda prefer my car with no real usable cup holders, but I did get the one that sits down in where the original ones are, too bad the size is only so big to hold certain smaller cups. Now I have a Yeti coffee cup that fully closes and seals and when I go to work, I seal it up good and lean it in the back passenger foot well. No spills and I can drive how I want, and if I would like a sip, I un-do the cap, sip and re-lock it.
Actually nothing happens when you stop, drinks don't budge! If you hit a brick wall then yes but stopping with brakes, no. Its like it has a seat belt! lol As far being in the way that depends on how big a drink you put in it and how wild a driving style you have. When you extend your arm to change gears your elbow comes towards you.. try it. :)

Cups it holds are all standard coffee cups, all McDonald's cups, (Australian that is, we dont get the jumbo sizes) and drinks up to 600ml

Yes unfortunately no big gulp or jumbo drinks for the e39. I've been meaning to get a yetti everyone is raving about them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts