BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to Dinan tonite:
*first production run of exhaust will be complete in next week or so.
*New M5 wheel (from Fiske) will be available in 2-3 weeks. No pics available yet.
*Only difference between stage 2 and 3 suspension is Camber plates. Provide sharper turn in but wears inside of tires if you do alot of freeway driving.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
That appears to be the standard Dinan forged wheel. What, if anything, is different for the M5? Width?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Actually they are different from the old ones. If you take a close look you will see that. The inside design has changed a little. I had mine clear anodized as well. The rims in the rear are 18x10.

·
Registered
116 Posts
fredcourtot -

What kind of subwoofer is mounted near the fuse/relay panel? How did they mount it? That looks like a sweet installation! Did they use speaker level inputs or line level to the amp?

Joe Klebau

·
Registered
636 Posts
GOOD NEWS

DINAN CALLED ME TODAY AND I AM DROPPING OFF MY CAR OFF ON TUESDAY. THEY ARE GOING TO INSTALL THE NEW EXHAUST, ADD THE REAR STRUT BRACE, ADD THE NEW SPRINGS AND HOPEFULLY ADD WHATEVER ELSE NEW THEY HAVE. I WILL POST PICTURES AND HOPEFULLY SOUND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

STEREO - UNFORTUNATELY I FORGET EXACTLY WHAT SUB AND HOW THEY INSTALLED IT. IF YOU ARE LOCAL, CONTACT SIMON AT http://www.precision-stereo.com THEY ARE IN MOUNTAIN VIEW. TELL HIM THAT YOU ARE INQUIRING ABOUT FRED'S M5

RIMS -
YES THEY ARE FISKE, I DON'T KNOW IF THEY MAKE 19'S. I AM SURE THEY COULD. STEVE RECOMMENDED WE DON'T PUT BIGGER THAN 18'S. HE THINKS IT ACTUALLY SLOWS DOWN THE CAR.

THANKS,

FRED

·
Registered
2 Posts
fredcourtot:
i saw your page and seen that u are waiting on a dinan intake. i would think it would cost aorund 400? but if u buy 2 K&N 8inch cone filters and slap those 2 bad boys on i bet it would give the same amount of HP as the dinan one. but cheaper.. like 100 or so.
i like to ride in a M5..any1 willing to give me a ride? im in the bay area too heheh...

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Thanks for the GREAT info. but please try to post how it sounds in a wave format or any other way. thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Originally posted by csajl:
but i think i lost a bit of low end torque with the exhaust. at least, it feels that way.
Does Dinan keep the exhaust shut off? There is a shut down on two pipes that helps to generate heat in the catalytic converter during startup, as well as helping the exhaust backpressure at low RPMs.

Just curious.

Vapour.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Ate a lot of Cheese today!

·
Registered
109 Posts
after a second run (at night, with less traffic) i need to amend my comment about losing low end torque.

it's still all there - and then some. the car feels smoother, actually.

and i can't say enough about the suspension.
i've got to get used to it, but man, throw into a corner and it just *sticks*. so much so, it's a little harder thses days to fishtail while accelerating/turning.

it's a different car with the stage 3.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Got my BABY Back! Love the sound! Partner hates it and says I ruined the car. Oh well, to each their own.
Ride is amazing. Maybe it's just because I've been in a Navigator for 3 days, but, feels much tighter over bumps. Cornering is fantastic. The one time I've had a chance to try, she was flat as could be.
Cannot tell any difference in the computer control other than my seat settings are off!

Will have more reviews later.
Mark

1 - 20 of 24 Posts