BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Board!
Just wanted to say hello to everybody :byebye:
and share with you guys, my joy! Recently I'be bought 2002 M5 with carbon black exterior and black leather interrior.
It has 38K on odometr, and Hamman exaust, the rest I believe standard to other M5 :byebye:
It is flying like a jet ouich and I guess soon i'll have to change the clutch :3: :thumbsup: :haha: :haha:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nice! Though I have to admit that I've not seen that kind of interior before (with the plaid pattern on the doors and seat bolsters). Is this custom?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
512 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome to M5board, happy reading/posting...:byee55amg

Agree with Mrs Struth.... Never seen this interior before, has anyone else on the board got or seen this before?:eek:

Mrs_Struth said:
Nice! Though I have to admit that I've not seen that kind of interior before (with the plaid pattern on the doors and seat bolsters). Is this custom?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
This is the M-Cloth interior. It was a no-cost option on the E39 M5 and the E46 M3. It was never very popular.

Here is a picture of an M3 fitted with the same option:

·
Registered
311 Posts
baldy_bonce said:
Welcome to M5board, happy reading/posting...:byee55amg

Agree with Mrs Struth.... Never seen this interior before, has anyone else on the board got or seen this before?:eek:
[/QUOTE]This feature is apparently intended for the so-called hard-core racers. It is supposedly less slippery and not as much contributory to sweating.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gustav said:
COrrect, it is very not slippery as opposed to leather. Also, this was the standard interiour in Europe...
i guess so ;)
the guy from whom I bought the car told me that it was individual. so maybe that is why it is seldom option?:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Gustav said:
COrrect, it is very not slippery as opposed to leather. Also, this was the standard interiour in Europe...
This was not the standard interiour for Europe, well not the whole of Europe anyway(France, Switzerland and Germany, I don't konw for the others). The leather was standard and removing it for semi cloth or alcantara was a free option.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
I think you are correct that it was a no-cost option :M5thumbs:

marcducati said:
This was not the standard interiour for Europe, well not the whole of Europe anyway(France, Switzerland and Germany, I don't konw for the others). The leather was standard and removing it for semi cloth or alcantara was a free option.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Welcome! :byebye:

I like the cloth interior...alcantara seats would be a nice option, too mmmmmm

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Great photos.... she's a real beaut!!! :M5thumbs:

Cheers,
Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts